Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 08:32 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ever wondered what brooding Valygar *really* thinks of Nalia? Is there a tiny little bit of good in Sarevok, you think? What about Imoen? Is she the sweet, naive, innocent girl that everyone thinks she is?

Ever wanted to know the answers to these questions and more but couldn't, because your party is more quiet that a Shadow Thief in a nobleman's estate? Here's something that will loosen their tongues quicker than a brazier and a pair of hot pliers. Press ctrl+i and listen to these silent stalwarts turn into a group of gossiping galahs before your very eyes. Don't go overboard though - once you get them over their fear of public speaking it can be hard to get them to stop.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 09:10 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks! That is a good thing to know. Only for ToB??? Why not post this in the other ones as well?

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:53 AM   #3
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Memnoch,

Can you press CTRL+i a second time to get them to shut the hell up? If not, I'm not going to even bother... Thanks!

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:06 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Memnoch,

Can you press CTRL+i a second time to get them to shut the hell up? If not, I'm not going to even bother... Thanks!

Just keep pressing ctrl+i to keep them going. What I meant was that you don't want to get dialogue too far ahead of the story otherwise they start repeating stuff towards the end when you've used up all the dialogue. Big muscles, tiny brains and all that.

There's a HELL of a lot of dialogue, though. Way more than I ever found on my first two trips through ToB. Had no idea I was missing out on all this. I'll see if this fuctionality extends to SoA too - I can't see any reason why it shouldn't.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 11:39 AM   #5
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Thank you memnoch. I hate it when my party walks for days without talking. I'll try this as soon as I get home. Thanks again!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 02:51 PM   #6
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

It seems to work in SoA too. I'm not fully sure how it works though, is it just cycling through all the available dialogues that can occur and initiating the ones that are compatible with your party?

------------------
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 08-22-2001).]
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 04:32 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
It seems to work in SoA too. I'm not fully sure how it works though, is it just cycling through all the available dialogues that can occur and initiating the ones that are compatible with your party?

To me it sounds as if you've figure out the answer for youself Sharpedge. That's probably exactly what it's doing. It can't do dialogues that aren't available to your party, as you can only have a six different characters in your party. It's cool isn't it?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 05:12 PM   #8
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Redblueflare:

To me it sounds as if you've figure out the answer for youself Sharpedge. That's probably exactly what it's doing. It can't do dialogues that aren't available to your party, as you can only have a six different characters in your party. It's cool isn't it?

He he, yeah. I just jumped into the pocket plane and summoned up all of the characters, then started swapping them around and ctrl-I'ing. There are some really funny dialogues tucked away there. If you don't mind spoiling it for yourself in-game then have a go.

Thanks for the heads up Memnoch!

(edit: still learning how to quote properly)

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 08-22-2001).]
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 06:30 PM   #9
Rikard

Doesn't work with my party
maybe next time i'll take a couple of NPC's with me

------------------
Old 08-22-2001, 10:41 PM   #10
trux

Very interesting indeed. I'll have to tear myself away from here to try it. Thanks Memnoch.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote