Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-19-2001, 08:15 PM   #1
luvphung
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could give me a good suggestion on who I should toss out my party so that I could have room for Serevok. My guys are:

Main character, archer
Minsc
Imoen
Nalia
Jaheira
Aerie

I want another fighter in my party so I chose Serevok. The three I'm looking at is either Imoen, Nalia, or Jaheira to remove. thanks for the help
luvphung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 09:04 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd dump Imoen or Nalia, Jaheria is worth keeping
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 09:26 PM   #3
hazard
Dungeon Master

I would agree with dumping Imoen or Nalia, but I would sway towards Nalia. As far as characters go, they are pretty much copies of each other. I think Imoen has better thieving abilities and she is your sister afterall, and as such, a intergral part of the story.
hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 09:57 PM   #4
luvphung
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah, i was thinking about nalia because they were virtually similar. i guess i'll toss her out. after all imoen has a better background... she is a bhaal spawn!! thanks guys
luvphung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 04:41 AM   #5
spook

why would you want sara fool when you can have keldorn a paladan and can use the plus 5 holy avenger sword. After all all your party are either neutral or good sara fool is evil and will cause party conflict especially with the lawful good characters.
Old 07-20-2001, 08:27 AM   #6
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by spook:
why would you want sara fool when you can have keldorn a paladan and can use the plus 5 holy avenger sword. After all all your party are either neutral or good sara fool is evil and will cause party conflict especially with the lawful good characters.
Welcome to the board Spook!

Have you actually played a game with Sarevok in your party? I suspect not... If you make him swear an oath, he's no problem at all (except for some whining)...but he won't leave the party due to his oath. I, personally, feel that there is no better fighter in the game (although my PC is an Inquisitor and quite effective).

Luvphung, I had the same party as you when I started except for my PC is an Inquisitor. I dumped Minsc for Sarevok immediately. A Ranger (except for Stalkers) is pretty much useless when put up against a fighter of Sarevok's abilities. The only thing Minsc is good for is dual wield and for amusement's sake. I also later dumped Jaheira as she was constantly getting chunked and just sucks in general as a fighter. Swapped her out for Anomen. I then later also dumped Nalia (which pissed me off as I've put a lot of time and scrolls into her...she was my most powerful mage...but I needed to keep Imoen for thieving abilities and storyline) and added Valgyar and I felt like I needed another fighter. Valgyar is pretty effective with that special leather armor (Grandmaster armor), stealth, Celestial Fury, and Foebane.

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:30 AM   #7
Graccus
Dungeon Master

Dumped Jaheira for Anomen?! Did you give her decent equipment? In my game she had a -12 AC with a Ring of Regeneration (later a Ring of Gaxx). She almost always made her saving throws and could hold her own quite nicely throughout the game.
Graccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:33 AM   #8
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Graccus:
Dumped Jaheira for Anomen?! Did you give her decent equipment? In my game she had a -12 AC with a Ring of Regeneration (later a Ring of Gaxx). She almost always made her saving throws and could hold her own quite nicely throughout the game.
Be gentle dude. Most people don't realize Jaheira's potential right off the bat. Doubly so once you get ToB, which is still new. It's sad that she must be constantly compare to Anomen, but for some it seems to fit. *shrugs* To each their own.

Anyway, my two cents: dump Nalia.
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:37 AM   #9
Seid
Manshoon

I agrre that Sarevok is the best fighter in the game. If he is high enough level use Greater whirlwind attack. From time to time he uses deathbringer assault. I beat 10 fire giants with him alone.
I would dump Nalia since Imoen is better at thieving and Jahiera is a powerful fighter/Druid.

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Seid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 11:05 AM   #10
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Graccus:
Yup. I think she had like a -8 AC or something similar. I really liked her elemental summoning abilities along with Insect Swarm, but every time she went into melee...she got chunked. Maybe I'm just not outfitting her properly, but I was healing/resurrecting her *way* too often. Anomen is kind of an ass and he can't summon elementals, but he seems to be working out pretty well. He doesn't get chunked near as much as Jaheira and levels up faster.

I guess that was the other thing about Jaheira was that she takes so damn long to level up. Argh! Between her an Aerie...I don't know...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote