Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-24-2003, 09:28 PM   #41
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

The whole idea behind sporting events are to (in theory) identify "The Best" at something, Superbowl? The best Football team, World Series? The best baseball team, America's Cup? The best yacht crew.
Cough ....choke.... New York Yacht Club.....cough.... changing rules ...... protests....... legal challenges...... rulings overturned..... cough cough [img]smile.gif[/img] .

And by World Series, you mean the best team "in America" don't you .
Old 05-24-2003, 10:48 PM   #42
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

On the other hand...why someone would pay even $40 for something they hate...is a bit perplexing

See - even you struggled with it in the end [img]smile.gif[/img] . I think my query was along the lines of why would someone pay that much "all the time" Ray. It sure gets expensive to do that "all the time" - especially if you HATE it.

Having said that, I applaud Crimson Blade's follow up past where he better explained his position. As for any unnecessary directness - I think that while you would like to score points at my expense Ray (whoops - airball), if there are any issues that is a matter between CB and myself. His follow up post didn't suggest it, but if there are I am sure he would PM me about it. It just so happens to be my normal response that if someone pops up and shouts vehemently "I HATE ....." I usually say something along the lines of "No, tell me how you really feel" [img]smile.gif[/img] .
[/QUOTE]Honestly and for true Davros..Im just trying to get the personal directed comments out of our (our in a broader sense, not just you and I) discussions. They don't really belong there. Your air-ball things didn't bother me but I did think you were unfair and wrong to use it in the context that it was. I also think your direct derisive twist on TCB's name was being unnecessarily mean. Maybe you don't mean those to be taken that way but it is how I see it. No offense intended and this isn't a tit for tat attack.

As for the Agusta National club being baraged and beaten for its exclusive membership...I have been a suporter of the rights of private individuals from the get go...and your comment about women members touched upon a rather public and boisterous debate in the US golf community.

World Series: Yep I do mean the best in the USA and since nearly everyone in the world knows that the "World Series" in baseball is a US thing only...I didn't see a need to spell it out.

Well anyway...I hope you actually see what I am driving at in my posts on here...a couple of main topics or ideas:

1. Fair Competition no special rules.
2. The right of people to have private exclusive clubs.
3. Less direct slurs against fellow posters..save the barbs for the subject matter and not the individual.

Hope that helps you understand.

Edit: forgot about the Yacht thing. I don't follow the America's Cup or yachting..I just knew it existed and used it in my list of examples. I am also against changing the rules of a contest dureing said contest or retroactive changes after the fact (re. Florida Election law). If changes are deemed necessary then do them between bouts and do not try to change past history with them. just my thoughts on the subject.

[ 05-24-2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-25-2003, 06:57 AM   #43
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Mini-modding aside, it has been an intersting discussion [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2003, 01:44 PM   #44
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Mini-modding aside, it has been an intersting discussion [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah just wish things had been taken in the spirit intended and that there had been less nastyness.

Old 05-26-2003, 06:18 AM   #45
Donut
Jack Burton

Just making my effort to have the last word.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show