Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2001, 06:37 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I'm still in BG1, and what I know about BG2 is mostly hearsay from this forum, but I was just wondering: Is there a Cleric kit to become a Priest of Tymora? Given that so much of your success is based on the rolling of little metaphysical dice, it seems quite fitting to pledge your life and service to the Goddess of Luck.

I've got what sounds like a good kit already made up (I have too much free time), if it doesn't already exist.
Old 11-13-2001, 07:26 PM   #2
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

no just helm, lathlander and talos
Old 11-13-2001, 08:48 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hmmm....I need to find myself a BG2 manual or something, so I can learn about all these kits. Here's what I had in mind for a Priest of Tymora:

RESTRICTIONS: Cannot be Lawful or Neutral Good or Evil (which means they can be Lawful Neutral, True Neutral, or anything Chaotic)
Must have at least 15 DEX
Must have at least 13 INT

DISADVANTAGES: -1 to WIS (Those who trust to luck are not noted for their clear judgement)
Can no longer Turn Undead
Can no longer Animate Dead

ADVANTAGES: +1 to DEX
+1 to all Saving Throws and Damage rolls made by the Cleric
-1 penalty to all attack rolls made by enemies attacking the Cleric (although 20's still count as 20's)

I also made a variation where instead of influencing die rolls, the Cleric gets the Special Ability of Tymora's Smile, which is essentially Bard Song, and replaces the Turn Undead button. Tymora's Smile can only be used a number of times per day (equal to caster's level, maximum of 6x a day) and lasts a certain time (again, equal to caster's level, maximum of 6 rounds). Tymora's Smile stacks with Bless, Chant, and regular Bard Song. At higher levels, the Cleric can perform other actions without disrupting the Smile's effect:
Level 8: Can use a missile weapon
Level 12: Can use a melee weapon
Level 16: Can cast other spells

What do you guys think of this fellow?