Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-07-2001, 01:41 AM   #11
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

larry post in colors but he DOES choose easier to read ones.

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-07-2001, 01:45 AM   #12
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I'd say BG2 as you can import your BG character into the game. Plus, ToB is coming out so that'll add more stuff to an already an awesome game.
But I must admit that I've not played IWD/HoW, so maybe I'm biased.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 06-07-2001, 02:34 AM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Default colors.. Why do you need colors anyway? no one else posts in colors?

Actually, there are a few people who do use colors.And Rikard and the infamous Cloudy are two of the main.I use colors to show my individualistic side,as I like to be different.Ok,so the dark colors can be hard to see at times,but surely no-one can complain when I use a color like this.

------------------
Neither Darkness Nor Light,Good nor Evil Will Prevail.

Only Lavindathar.
Old 06-07-2001, 03:58 AM   #14
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, why not try both? They are both good games, and I do howl for Planescape which is one of the coolest games in the series IMHO...

Planescape might take some time to get accostumed to but is worth the time!

IWD is a good relaxation from the quest and search driven gameplay, more or less an old fashion dungeon cleansing, but you get to make the entire party there!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-07-2001, 04:02 AM   #15
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Actually, there are a few people who do use colors.And Rikard and the infamous Cloudy are two of the main.I use colors to show my individualistic side,as I like to be different.Ok,so the dark colors can be hard to see at times,but surely no-one can complain when I use a color like this.

I don't use colors
I used to have but that was the old forum
that whole font color thing is too complicated
I just want a colored signautre
and coz i can't
I stole Zirocs red dragon pic

------------------

The Last Of the Red Fluffies

Member of the Ancients Club (@ age 16 )
High Magician of the Order of the Holy Flame

"Dream a Dreamers Dream And Know It Is But A Dream"

Old 06-07-2001, 04:44 AM   #16
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well, why not try both? They are both good games, and I do howl for Planescape which is one of the coolest games in the series IMHO...

Planescape might take some time to get accostumed to but is worth the time!

IWD is a good relaxation from the quest and search driven gameplay, more or less an old fashion dungeon cleansing, but you get to make the entire party there!

I was going to suggest it you didn't, have played the game yet although i have it, but from the monsters I have pulled from the game it looks cool

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-07-2001, 06:39 AM   #17
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I would never strongly disagree openly with the *WEBMASTER ALMIGHTY* unless I really meant it, but I believe BGII to be the best CRPG to date, overall. IWD has its moments, and I loved playing it through( the first few times), but it is so completely linear. Do this, then you can go do this, after that, you are allowed to go do this. BGII allows you to do any number of quests right from the start before you finally progress forward in the main plot (or head straight for it). Plus, I find the romances in BGII and the character dialog (much better, longer than BGI) adds a significant amount of game depth.

If you play by yourself, but use serial multiplayer to generate all six characters in BGI, then you might like IWD more. If you want a "story" that unfolds and intertwines around your characters, try BGII. Another thought "high levels"
Old 06-07-2001, 07:06 AM   #18
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
I was going to suggest it you didn't, have played the game yet although i have it, but from the monsters I have pulled from the game it looks cool

Do it man do it!
You absolutely have to play it! No one swings an axe as good as the nameless one! And you have romances all over, fights, mighty demons, fallen angels, imortality, Nighthags!, shadows and cities that are alive. Brainrats, wererats, dead gods and the hole brady bunch!!! er.. no , they´re not in the game, I guess someone missed to add them ...

But well Brady bunh or not, it´s a real cool game, a strong redline through the game but with alot of oportunties to go around exploring and do quizz shows and so on!

it really doesn´t matter that you can´t choose your character because The Namless one becomes what you want him to be!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-07-2001, 08:23 AM   #19
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Go with Baldur's Gate II. I liked Icewindale just as much as anyone else. But the game didn't have as good a story as Baldur's Gate II. The player character voices were better in Icewindale, but still your characters never said as much as they did in BGII. The weapon styles, and new character kits really added a lot to AD&D. And don't forget about Throne Of Bhaal!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 06-07-2001, 09:48 AM   #20
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Do it man do it!
You absolutely have to play it! No one swings an axe as good as the nameless one! And you have romances all over, fights, mighty demons, fallen angels, imortality, Nighthags!, shadows and cities that are alive. Brainrats, wererats, dead gods and the hole brady bunch!!! er.. no , they´re not in the game, I guess someone missed to add them ...

But well Brady bunh or not, it´s a real cool game, a strong redline through the game but with alot of oportunties to go around exploring and do quizz shows and so on!

it really doesn´t matter that you can´t choose your character because The Namless one becomes what you want him to be!

Yeah but i have to finish BG1 first (my Mum says) LOL

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger