Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2002, 06:33 PM   #1
dorasacha
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, I'm about ready to give up on this game. I'm moving along just fine, but then my screen freezes. I hear music but my keyboard and mouse don't work. I end up having to re-booting my PC - not good for the PC. Is there a fix for this problem?
dorasacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

First off, make sure that all programs running in the background are NOT running except "Explorer" and "System Tray". You can turn them off using the "cntrl", "alt", "Delete" function, highlight an item in the window that's NOT one of the aforementioned items, and hit the "End Task" button. Continue doing this until the only two left are "Systray", and "Explorer". THEN, you MIGHT be able to run your game without freezing up. If this doesn't work, try the patch.

The patch for this game is available. You can download it from this website somewhere.

+Dr.Pick
Old 02-07-2002, 09:38 PM   #3
dorasacha
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, I'll try that. I hope it works, I'm about ready to give up on this game.
dorasacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 05:08 AM   #4
Jazzid
Manshoon

It's also possible that it is an DirectX 8 issue. Many players have had problems running the game under Dx8, and have solved the problem by switching back to Dx7. See the help desk for more info.

//J
Old 02-08-2002, 07:19 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, dorasacha!!

When you have problems of this nature, you should read through Saz' techie help desk thread (second from the top). This sort of problem is generally related to OS, memory or DirectX problems. Solutions to these problems are posted in Saz' thread.

Also, anytime you are reporting a technical problem with the game, it is REALLY helpful if you include information about your computer: type, OS, memory, vid card, version of DirectX, etc. IT is much easier for us to figure out the source of the problem when we have this information.

I hope you will have your problem solved soon. This is a fun game and I'd hate for you to miss out!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote