Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #21
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Default Re: Second Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Threaten works, if your tanker is hitting while it's active. In my experience, if the tank's not hitting, you may as well just use Taunt as it cools down. Taunt has the advantage of being a 360 AoE, as opposed to a single target skill. Yeah, it puts a strain on a healer's MP, but at least the healer can focus on one char, instead of trying to heal the whole party.
I've found that with Wynne who has 40 in Magic and Will power that the Group heal spell actually restores more points, and then I do use the single person spell to beef up whoever is lowest...but honestly running with Morigan and Wynne in my party no one ever really melees except on revenents and Dragons. All others fall to ranged and AOE attacks.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:46 AM   #22
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I like the group heal for things like Scatter Shot, which is a nightmare for mages, errant, or enemy Fire Balls, etc. For the tanker, Regeneration as it cools down can save a lot of mana, depending on how overwhelmed we might get.

For Revenants, I've found that a pure dps party with one healer seems to work better. My Ranger's party was Zevran, Lelianna and Wynne. That configuration seems to burn the bad guys down a lot faster.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #23
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

We learn more as we go.

Focusing Shale on ranged attacks is quite impressive.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

One thing I'm finding (even though I'm only level 10) is that mages OWN in this game. With Morrigan as my nuker and Wynne the healbot and assistant CCer most groups are pretty much done in a matter of seconds.

Been using Alastair as my tank - tried using Sten for it but he was useless!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote