Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #31
Target
Red Dragon

Are, there many good long bows in the game, and are they easy to find?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 12:20 PM   #32
ScottG
Drow Warrior

halberd and a druid? naw..

If your going the dex. ranged route I mentioned then rapier would be preferable allowing you to get a good attack bonus based on your dex. via the feat weapon finesse (sorry about not mentioning it b4). Additionally once you get the forged rapier in the game do NOT upgrade it latter - upgrading it actually makes it less effective for its Daze ability.

At the end of the 1st chapter there is an excellent bow - depending on what choices you make (easy to find). At around character level 16 an outstanding bow becomes a variable treasure item in chests.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:22 PM   #33
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

What weapons get the bonus from weapon finesse? I only thought it was small weapons, and IIRC the Rapier is medium. What's the full list? I'm considering it for a feat, since I've got 20 Dex and only about 14 Strength.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:09 AM   #34
Stratos
Vampire

Finnessable weapons: dagger, handaxe, kama, kukri, light crossbow, light hammer, mace, rapier, shuriken, sickle, sling, throwing axe, and unarmed strike.

These are taken from the manual, but manuals aren't exactly renowned for being accurate so I can't guarantee the list is absolutely correct. Check the in-game description for a more accurate list.

Rapiers, I know, are usable with WF.

Please note that WF uses your dexterity modifier only for the Attack Bonus, not the extra damage which will still be based on your strength.