Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-13-2004, 09:39 AM   #11
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Sunglasses and clothes are nickle and dime! How much have you donated lately? Everybody looks to the "stars" to do this stuff, what about ourselves? We could give in time, money etc. And most of these people give a lot, they just don't flaunt it. We don't give each other much at Christmas, maybe 1 or 2 little things and we give most of it to the food bank. Imagine what kind of affect it would have if more people did that sort of thing.
Yeah, but they have a lot more time on their hands than we do, and a lot more interest in getting attention. I can't stand U2's music, but ... *shrugs*
Old 11-13-2004, 09:52 AM   #12
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

lets kick his ass, *punches Bono in the head
Old 11-13-2004, 10:41 AM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Swell. You knock him down, I'll stomp on him.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #14
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by lost prophet:
The music he is complaining about is all the rap, hip hop, R&B ie. all the rubbish that people listen to our days that is made up of computer generated sounds and not instriments, emimnen or usher couldnt pick up a guitar and play you a good song but Bono could even if he hasnt got a good voice.
I used to think about rap and hip hop the same way, but everyone has their own level of skill when it comes to music. Granted, I still think rap music is a bank robbery with lyrics, but you gotta understand, even if they can't pick up a guitar doesn't mean anything. Half the guitarists that play can't sing and vice versa, it takes skill to rap like it does to play an instrument.

Bono is arrogant, no doubts there, I've heard himself boast about how great his music is since I watch Vh1 from time to time. What he says about himself is not going to help his CD sales any, and rap may not be to my tastes, but U2 is not the salvation of rock music. I'd put my money on Velvet Revolver before I would them.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #15
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
lets kick his ass, *punches Bono in the head
Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Swell. You knock him down, I'll stomp on him.
My hijackadar is twinkling...

Oh, and *Throws a shuriken at 'im*
Old 11-13-2004, 02:19 PM   #16
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Dogpile on Bono!!!!!!!!!!!! (runs and leaps)
Old 11-13-2004, 03:10 PM   #17
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
U2 rocks, don't care much for Boner though.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:23 AM   #18
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

some people are saying that he says he will do things but he doesnt. Did you know he quit U2 for a while because he didnt like rolling in money while others didnt, I know hes back in now but at the begining that was for the music not the money. Everyone for their own though.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:42 AM   #19
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

he's not so bad
really, don't listen to U2 then if you don't like him, and blame the media for the image if you have a problem with it.
Sure he contributes to the image, and there is no denying he's a little pompus but U2 as a whole are good, and they do do some work that's globally benificial.
Personally i don't have a problem with him.

[ 11-14-2004, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Intrepid ]
Old 11-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #20
Grojlach
Zartan

Nice tie-in to this topic, no further comment.

Bono will sing famous Band Aid III line

Bono will definitely be re-recording his famous line for the Band Aid 20 record - after warning the other artists who wanted to sing it to "f**k off".

The U2 frontman's line - "Tonight thank God it's them instead of you" - from the original 1984 version of 'Do They Know Its Christmas?' became the song's most instantly recognisable part.

Competition was fierce to sing the line on the new version, with Robbie Williams, The Darkness singer Justin Hawkins and Coldplay's Chris Martin all desperate to record it.

But Robbie has revealed Bono immediately told organiser Midge Ure he was definitely going to perform the famous lyrics

He told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Everyone wanted it. But before anyone could start getting an ego about it, Bono just said, 'That's my line and I'm doing it - so the rest of you can f**k off.' That settled it!