Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 02:23 PM   #11
Djinn Raffo
Ra

HEy!

Great Question Mel!
Well actually its Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada...hmmm...and im going to a pot luck dinner at friends place...probably aobut 12 or 15 of us...drinking wine, good food...gonna be fun!

My contribution: Well a Turkey is being prepared by the host and i know others are doing stuff like stuffing and veg, some indian food one girl will be bringing i know...mmmm yumme!...

So im going to a little dessert and make a cheesecake. I wanted to do a blueberry one but the blueberrys at the store were all kinda gross lookin unfortunatly so i bought a bunch of kiwis. Im gonna garnish the top of it with the kiwi and maybe throw some pieces inside too. I have never heard of kiwi chesecake so its a little bit of an experiment. But i have made cheesecake before so i know it will be good...jus hope the kiwi combo works out!
Old 10-05-2001, 02:27 PM   #12
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
So what did you have/are you going to have for dinner today?
And who is cooking it? Or are you ordering something?
Just curious (and hungry, LOL! )

I'm making Chipped Beef (also known as S.O.S) , We usually buy the Stofers kind, but sometimes I like it from scratch and buy the Armours Dried Beef, put it in white sause (cut up into pieces) and pour it over Mashed Potatoes!!! YUM!!!!!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 02:29 PM   #13
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Pizza... Reheated Pizza Actually.... Had It Yesterday to be honest... But it was tooooo spicy to finish off without a 12 hr break!!

------------------
The Clan HADB Cleric Of Sephiroth + Nutella

BINKY The Founding Member, Cheif Architect AND Official Chanter Of O.R.T

The Order Of Royal Toads
Old 10-05-2001, 02:35 PM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

So im going to a little dessert and make a cheesecake. I wanted to do a blueberry one but the blueberrys at the store were all kinda gross lookin unfortunatly so i bought a bunch of kiwis. Im gonna garnish the top of it with the kiwi and maybe throw some pieces inside too. I have never heard of kiwi chesecake so its a little bit of an experiment. But i have made cheesecake before so i know it will be good...jus hope the kiwi combo works out!
Yikes! I hope so!! I always thought you couldn't combine dairy products and certain fruits like kiwis, pineapples because of a certain enzym they contain - it curdles the dairy! Hope your cheesecake will still be delicious!

Bon appetit everybody!!!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-05-2001, 02:41 PM   #15
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm high quality ham and brie toasties tonight and a few glasses of red wine later . Tomorrow off for an Italian meal to celebrate a friends birthday. Only slight cloud on the horizon is a loose crown that is threatening to drop out any minute

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 02:47 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I'm making Chipped Beef (also known as S.O.S) , We usually buy the Stofers kind, but sometimes I like it from scratch and buy the Armours Dried Beef, put it in white sause (cut up into pieces) and pour it over Mashed Potatoes!!! YUM!!!!!
OH man! I haven't had that in YEARS! And I used to like it.. ok, ok.. so I was raised by a dad in the air force (ever have powdered eggs?)! LOL... We made chipped beef the SAME way you do from scratch too! MMMMMMMMM... Ok..I'm going to Z's for dinner!

Actually, I have no idea what I'm doing. Probably soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Cloudy, glad it's FRIDAY!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-05-2001, 02:51 PM   #17
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
HEy!

Great Question Mel!
Well actually its Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada...hmmm...and im going to a pot luck dinner at friends place...probably aobut 12 or 15 of us...drinking wine, good food...gonna be fun!

My contribution: Well a Turkey is being prepared by the host and i know others are doing stuff like stuffing and veg, some indian food one girl will be bringing i know...mmmm yumme!...

I don't see why the kiwi wouldn't be good, esp. if you put a bit of lemon extract or lemon juice in it. (extract would be better). I've experimented with all kinds of cheesecakes. This one sounds good! MMMmmmm.

Edit: In light of Mel reminding me about the issue with enzymes - one way to prevent this is to put the fruit in a bowl and add some baking soda to it. It will bubble for a while and then stop. Once it stops, it's okay to use. (Learned this from making Pineapple Upside Down Cake w/diary.)

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 02:51 PM   #18
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Yikes! I hope so!! I always thought you couldn't combine dairy products and certain fruits like kiwis, pineapples because of a certain enzym they contain - it curdles the dairy! Hope your cheesecake will still be delicious!

Bon appetit everybody!!!
Are you serious!!!!!
HF i dont know ! Im making the thing right now so im gonna do a little web search and see if itll fly. At least the kiwi just go on top at the very least. That wont pose a problem. But inside ya...hmmm...last time i did strawberry and it was good but strawberry strawberry all i ever hear is strawberry...wanna get a little erratic!

Old 10-05-2001, 02:53 PM   #19
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Again, a man after my own heart! My Dad raised me on that ('fond' memories of his from the Army ). I also make versions of this using left over roast beef, ground beef (drained) or...boiled eggs! And don't anyone say eeeew to the eggs until they've tried it! I usually fix the creamed eggs on toast for breakfast. It's YUMMY! (ooh! Now I have to make this for breakfast in the morning!)

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-05-2001, 02:54 PM   #20
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I don't see why the kiwi wouldn't be good, esp. if you put a bit of lemon extract or lemon juice in it. (extract would be better). I've experimented with all kinds of cheesecakes. This one sounds good! MMMmmmm.

Whoo Whoo!
Awesome DragonMage! Whew! (wipes brow)
Good idea on the lemon extract...ill do it for sure! YA i just like to experiment a bit more than go with the straight up recipe...it can be a risk, especially going to a potluck ("Hey man, your cheesecake sux! ") But it can also be rewarding to have something totally different.