Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2001, 11:34 AM   #21
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Right, I'm going to put my sig in this post and I'd like to know if it's too big now, even though I suspect that it is.

(Edited: If only I could place the "World Against Terrorism" thing to the RIGHT of the HADB tag, that way I could save some space, if Ziroc can change people's sigs, could I perhaps convince him to do this for me, as I've tried to put it there without luck.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

[This message has been edited by Neb (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 11:35 AM   #22
Ed
Manshoon

Did he cut you down to 0? coz thats a bit harsh.....

------------------

The REAL Minsc/Boo double act .....

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Old 10-02-2001, 11:48 AM   #23
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Right, I'm going to put my sig in this post and I'd like to know if it's too big now, even though I suspect that it is.

(Edited: If only I could place the "World Against Terrorism" thing to the RIGHT of the HADB tag, that way I could save some space, if Ziroc can change people's sigs, could I perhaps convince him to do this for me, as I've tried to put it there without luck.

Neb...try removing the spaces between the two image tags, this should align them on the same line. Also, to cut down on your overall sig length, b/c IMHO it is too long, try not putting double spaces b/w each line (i.e. like my sig)

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-02-2001, 11:53 AM   #24
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, I am afraid I have to act as "defiant smart-ass" here again: I have a growing suspicion that the "spam problem" or rather the problem with invreasing complaints about spam can, at least partially, be attributed to the following psychological trap: we all come here for different reasons, but often when we do our motivation is any single one or any combination of the following expectations: "meeting" friends and being entertained/distracted when feeling bored and/or frustrated with RL. Now, sometimes those expectations are bound to be disappointed: at the moment being there aren't any of our favourite people here neither are there threads with topics or "communicative atmospheres" that interest or appeal to us. Whenever our expectations are not met we tend to react with frustration and, of course, in that mood we are easily tempted to dismiss everything or most which is going on as superfluous hence "spam". I know that has happened to me and I would be surprised if I was the only one to be at times "prone" to such a rather egocentric perception of the world. So, I'd like to kindly invite anyone here to first ask themselves very carefully if their motivation for being currently frustrated with IW is really founded in an abundance of "spam" or just in a - hopefully temporary - abundance of, and shifting of the forum's "center of gravity" towards topics, "conversational patterns" and types of threads that just interest them personally less or not at all. Bear also in mind, please that at least in a "kaleidoscopic" forum like GD it is furthermore IMO almost impossible to determine "objectively" what kind of topics and communication belongs here and which doesn't. And then, after having carefully weighed all of the above, decide if it is justified to come here and complain publicly. Because, by complaining publicly, what you are basically doing is demanding of others that they start auto-censoring themselves - which can be very easily become a major obstacle to having fun and enjoying themselves - and you might very well "impress" and hamper those the most whom you didn't even have in mind ! Just check the conscientious tone of DragonMage's first post
here and you might get a good idea what I am referring to.

Thanks for bearing me out !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 10-02-2001, 12:03 PM   #25
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Hey Ziroc,

I was just wondering, but do the following signature guidelines still apply?

Quote:
Originally posted by Slackerboy
According to zirocs new rules on sigs:
you are allowed only one image in your sig.
it must be less than 120kb in file size.
And it must be less than 200x175 in resolution.

Thanks, Father Bronze
Old 10-02-2001, 12:27 PM   #26
Epona
Zartan

Thanks for asking that Father Bronze. I know I used to be one of the offenders until that rule was introduced, after which my sig shrank pretty quickly!

It is disheartening, having obeyed a rule myself, to see that others now have very large sigs which take ages to load on my poor 56k modem. Also a lot of people now have several images again, when I know that some members went to a lot of effort to combine their images into one picture to meet this rule.

I guess a lot of the newer members didn't know about it, so don't be too hard on them, but I thought it made a lot of sense - it helps those members with slow connections and small monitors as well as keeping server space free for juicy debates...

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-02-2001, 12:29 PM   #27
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed:
Did he cut you down to 0? coz thats a bit harsh.....

Cut who down??
Hi Ed!

------------------
Old 10-02-2001, 12:40 PM   #28
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Ziroc, that new Drizzt atavar is just great !

------------------
So long !

R³ aka "The Ramonster"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine's "permanent advocate" !

Old 10-02-2001, 12:43 PM   #29
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

thanks for changing the Drizzt character Ziroc...

looks much better now
it's the drizzt we know with the scrimators (sp?)
hmmmmm..... (eyes the quality of the pic)

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
You know who and what I am... what are you going to do about it?
Old 10-02-2001, 12:56 PM   #30
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:
thanks for changing the Drizzt character Ziroc...

looks much better now
it's the drizzt we know with the scrimators (sp?)
hmmmmm..... (eyes the quality of the pic)
Scimitars ...

------------------
So long !