Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2002, 06:58 PM   #1
Pangur Ban

I give thanks and praise to my very overworked guardian angel !!

In just one week I have had eight very close misses while driving, involving everything from dodging large trucks failing to give way, to a suicidal pedestrian running out onto the road in front of the car. Nearing the end of the week, my nerves had been well shaken and stirred.

But for the grand finale , I had stopped to give way to pedestrians at a crossing when my car was hit sharply from behind, jolting the car through the crossing at the only time when pedestrians were not actually in front of the car - thus not hitting anyone.

Anyone else had a driving week like this ??
Old 03-23-2002, 07:02 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yes, praise your guardian angel indeed! That was some amazing luck that nothing happened!
Old 03-23-2002, 07:02 PM   #3
Bloodstalker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you mean just this weeK? I honestly think that my car has a target painted on it sometimes.
Old 03-23-2002, 07:05 PM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Not a whole week but there have definately been days where I'd be driving and everyone seems to be out to get me.

Glad that you made it through without a scratch. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2002, 07:13 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

i just drove home in the dark, and I swear the guy behind me was so odd, he didnt have his lights on and kept swurving into the other lane... im glad i wasn't behind him or comming straight at him...

I sort of sped ahead to just not be anywhere near him...
Old 03-23-2002, 07:21 PM   #6
Pangur Ban

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Not a whole week but there have definately been days where I'd be driving and everyone seems to be out to get me.

Glad that you made it through without a scratch. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I got through without a scratch, but the accident at the pedestrian crossing meant that the Pangurmobile is now off the road for 9 days, getting the damage repaired. Its costing me heaps in taxi fares to get to work each day !! However the luck continues ... as the accident was not my fault, I don't pay, and I get the car back just before the Easter holidays !!

Pangur Ban
Old 03-23-2002, 07:34 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Glad you weren't injured in the accident Pangur Ban. Too bad you can't get the other driver's insurance to pay for a rental car as well as paying for the damages. I did a few years back when I got smashed from behind. Sat on the road for three hours before the police came, it was summer and I was dying of heat and thirst, was a nightmare! The other driver's insurance company came to my house two days later, made an estimate of the damages, I agreed with it (they were way off, gave me more money than I needed!) and they gave me a check right on the spot! Rented a nice rental car too (paid for by them LOL) and snazzed about for two days in a new car (only 21 miles on it). Got my car back good as new. All in all it worked out not so bad.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-23-2002, 08:14 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I almost ran over a little girl yesterday I was going through a stoplight and she ran out from behind a car! My buddy caught a glimpse of here from the side and yelled LOOKOUT! I barely stopped in time, screeching to a halt. She was about a foot from my bumper. I was scared shitless. So was she (she was around 6?) she ran off to a car. No parent there I REALLY wanted to yell at the parent but there was a line of cars behind me so I couldnt wait. People really need to tell their kids how to survive