Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-21-2001, 10:30 AM   #1
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Hey BG2 forum. Yeah, I'm new, so just hang in there with my stupid novice questions. K, I understand the whole part with the "codes" stuff, how you're supposed to go and edit the file baldur.ini, and then you go to the game and hit ctrl + space. I enter to create an item, and i close the little window, but nothing happens, except that it says the code in the "conversation" window. How do I get the items to appear? confused....
Also, for the "case sensitive" keys, ctrl + whatever, can you just press them and whatever is supposed to happen will? (after editing baldur.ini of course) Or, on another website it said you have to enter something into the ctrl + space window in order to use the keys. Would you guyz mind telling me what to do? It'd be appreciated. You'd be helping all those little newbies out there! ^_~*

------------------
Quote:
Yeah, I'm an obsessed, clueless gamer. But I'm GOOD at it. ^_~*
My Website!
Old 06-21-2001, 10:54 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

To use codes like Crtl + j or Ctrl + r, you don't need to open the little cheat window. When you try to create an item, you do. I think the problem is that you forgot to press enter after typing the code.
I'll just make a short summary of the correct things you need to do:
1. enter the line debug mode = 1 under the Program Options heading in the Baldur.ini file
2. In the game, type Ctrl+space to open the cheat window.
3. Type your item code according to this formula: CLUAConsole:CreateItem("xxxxxx", y) where xxxxxx is the item code (such as AROW05) and y is the amount of the item (i.e. type '100' to get a hundred arrows)
4. hit enter
5. check your inventory for the item. If there is no more room in your main characters inventory, you'll find the item in the first free slot in the Inventory of the next character.

hope this helps, and.....

WELCOME TO THE IRONWORKS!!

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-21-2001, 11:24 AM   #3
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Thanx! I didn't know about the part that you're supposed to write how much of the item you want. This helped me out alot. ^_^*

------------------
Quote:
Yeah, I'm an obsessed, clueless gamer. But I'm GOOD at it. ^_~*
My Website!
Old 06-21-2001, 11:32 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Skydracgrrl, (?!)
Putting in the amount is not obligatory! For example, when you cheat in a sword, you'll probably only need one, thus: CLUAConsole:CreateItem("2hSW01")
But if you are trying to cheat in bullets, you'll probably need a lot of them, thus: CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BULL03", 60)

The most important thing is to hit the enter button after completing the code.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-21-2001, 04:35 PM   #5
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Heh, I still feel a little dumb right now. I just pressed the "cheat keys" without typin in anything into the little window, but nothing happened. Also, how can you change a character's stats? for example, how can u increase a character's strength?
BTW- thanx to all the people who have been sooo nice to me! ^_^*
Old 06-21-2001, 04:39 PM   #6
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

In this instance...you use Shadowkeeper instead. click here at your own risk of being modified into a god and breezing through the game

And here's a little welcoming present.

------------------
Old 06-21-2001, 04:44 PM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thanks Wah.,... you beat me to it
BTW If you need to use cheat keys like Ctrl + R, you don't need to open the cheat window, but you DO need to select the target characters by clicking on their portraits.
Oh, and there are also several ways to increase your stats legitly in the game

------------------

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-21-2001, 05:05 PM   #8
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Um, thanks Wah. Unfortuneately, my computer won't let me see what you posted, so I don't know how i should react. Anyway, I probably sound like a real cheat, tryin to increase my character's stats. But I only want to do it so that my stupid cahracter can actually wield a weapon! she's too weak to use it.

------------------
Quote:
Yeah, I'm an obsessed, clueless gamer. But you have got to admit- I'm GOOD at it. ^_~*
My Website!
Old 06-21-2001, 05:17 PM   #9
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Adjusting the game is done by alot of people, but most of us, myself included, suggest you play through the game at least once before you start using cheat codes and such.
You don't need half the stuff in the game to finish it, The first time I played through the game, I didn't do the Demi-lich, Unseeing eye, Shaguan city, or any NPC player quests, So I messed out on alot of stuff, but I still had fun.
After playing it the first time regular, then you can cheat and make up specific characters, get items you never got the first time to fiddle around with, etc.
Using cheat codes just to mess around without even playing the game is to me a waste of 50 dollars even buying it in the first place, why buy it not to play it?