Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 10:24 AM   #11
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Not at all - I always had more respect for the kid who grassed me up in front of me.

Now my ignorance of most things brit is showing...umm "Grassed me up" ???

Old 06-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #12
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Not at all - I always had more respect for the kid who grassed me up in front of me.

[/QUOTE]Dobbed me in?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-25-2003, 10:51 AM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

LMAO!!
Old 06-25-2003, 10:55 AM   #14
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]1. [v] give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam".

Usage: "He grasses her" ; "He grasses [v]-ing"
Synonyms
tell_on betray denounce give_away rat peach shit shop snitch stag

-------------

Ray grass \Ray" grass`\, [Etymol. of ray is uncertain.] (Bot.) A perennial European grass ({Lolium perenne}); -- called also {rye grass}, and {red darnel}. See {Darnel}, and {Grass}.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-25-2003, 11:41 AM   #15
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I was watching it the other night too
Old 06-25-2003, 11:52 AM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]1. [v] give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam".

Usage: "He grasses her" ; "He grasses [v]-ing"
Synonyms
tell_on betray denounce give_away rat peach shit shop snitch stag

-------------

Ray grass \Ray" grass`\, [Etymol. of ray is uncertain.] (Bot.) A perennial European grass ({Lolium perenne}); -- called also {rye grass}, and {red darnel}. See {Darnel}, and {Grass}.
[/QUOTE]
Ahhh thank you for the educational moment [img]smile.gif[/img]
And since you took the time to look up Ray Grass I thought I might
tell you that my name is actually Raymond which equates to "Harvest Moon" in some languages [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 12:32 PM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

Actually I put "grass" into the online dictionary and Ray Grass was the first definition. Strange but true.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:38 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ahem.....Donut! Donut! Donut! Donut!....(ok, so imagine it's high pitched and sounds like "BASIL!")

LOLOLOL! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] As it happens, I like Fawlty towers and as this isn't about the war or Iraq (fyi! a NEW forum is coming soon for that stuff), ....I will just sit and chuckle, contemplating the episode with the garden gnome....hehe...hope you're sitting down, Donut! LOLOLOL! *snicker*
Old 06-25-2003, 01:09 PM   #19
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
I met kids like you at school "Sir, Sir, Look what Donut did!"
They already started to call you Donut as early as in school!? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
So long !<br /><br />R³ aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 06-25-2003, 09:39 PM   #20
spydar

"I'm sorry, he's from Barcelona."