Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-21-2002, 08:22 AM   #131
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Edit: I get the feeling some of these pics are really slowing down the album pages... I don't mind the size of them (for example the spectacular view is over 600 kB) because they are so beautiful downsizing would be a shame. But maybe you could put the big ones in the Holidays and Sights... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Still insanely jealous BTW... that definitely looks like a holiday I would want to do when I get better!!
It shouldn't slow down the album in theory.... the album code shouldn't access the photos until you actually try to view them. Maybe that single page is slowed down where the big photo is, is that what you mean? It's also saved in quite a high resolution and at quite a low compression, I could probably compress it a bit more and not lose too much detail.
I have to add...before you do do this holiday...it is bloody tiring. The first few days I wished I wasn't there. Trudging up to a height difference of 1500m in the first day in 30 C heat with a 20kg backpack is not fun. But you get stronger and in the end it is definitely worth it. Also, the weather wasn't always that good, some days it rained and poured and the fog was so bad we couldn't see more than 10...I'll have to post some foggy shots

ah here we go...to anyone interested, to save me wearing my keyboard out:
http://www.southwest100.freeserve.co....mainpage.html

If you read the guy's log of his journey, that's almost exactly what we did.

[ 11-21-2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-21-2002, 08:25 AM   #132
Melusine
Dracolisk

Yes, I meant the page the big pics are on are slowed down - not the entire album [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you check my first post in this thread, there are direct links to all the separate albums, including Holidays And Sights. [img]smile.gif[/img]
If you think you could compress a little more without losing detail that would be great - I normally downsize all the big pics people send me. But in this case, the photos are so marvellous, I wouldn't mind if you left them this size as long as they're in the Holiday album. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As for doing that holiday - well of course, like I said I would have to wait until I am fully better (and until I have money [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). I could always plan a lighter route, too.
As for the rain and fog, I don't mind it too much... I went to Ireland and Scotland several times and I love to hike and climb over rocks there. Usually the weather's not exactly tropical but I like it. Besides I'm from Holland... if I take my finger out of this dyke we'll all drown [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Still think it sounds great, although I'd probably have to do a lazier version of it

[ 11-21-2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 11-21-2002, 07:38 PM   #133
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:Some of the crazy bastards who I went with want to actually go to the peak of Mont Blanc next summer....they're not montaineers but supposedly you can actually walk up to the peak on one face of the mountain at least. Although 60 people a year die on Mont Blanc, I don't fancy my chances Nah, seriously, I might go, it would be amazing to go to the peak of the highest mountain in Europe and without any mountaineering training....heh I spoke to one guy who did it in trainers! Although he did have crampons and also an ice-axe is recommmended. Of course my mum doesn't want me to go, but going to the peak of Mont Blanc is very tempting.
Hey man, if you have the opportunity you might as well do it. And hey, if you don't make it back then at least you get to die in a more interesting way than what most people get. An old-aged cardiac seizure just doesn't have any glory y'know. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2002, 08:25 PM   #134
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:Some of the crazy bastards who I went with want to actually go to the peak of Mont Blanc next summer....they're not montaineers but supposedly you can actually walk up to the peak on one face of the mountain at least. Although 60 people a year die on Mont Blanc, I don't fancy my chances Nah, seriously, I might go, it would be amazing to go to the peak of the highest mountain in Europe and without any mountaineering training....heh I spoke to one guy who did it in trainers! Although he did have crampons and also an ice-axe is recommmended. Of course my mum doesn't want me to go, but going to the peak of Mont Blanc is very tempting.
Hey man, if you have the opportunity you might as well do it. And hey, if you don't make it back then at least you get to die in a more interesting way than what most people get. An old-aged cardiac seizure just doesn't have any glory y'know. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Heh it's not about having the opportunity! I could go in any summer I wanted to. All you need is a plane ticket to Geneva, a train ticket to Chamonix, crampons, ice-axe, a bit of rope to tie you to your friends and walking boots and a spare week or so. [img]smile.gif[/img] The spare week is so you can sit around and wait for the best bracket of wheather. You do NOT want to be up there in a storm!! *erk!* It only takes 2-3 days to walk up and back down. Well 1 day up to the hut at 3800m. Next day up to the peak and down to the hut again and 3rd day back down I guess.

[ 11-21-2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-21-2002, 09:32 PM   #135
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Just to let you guys know RBF posted my pic on the site today so if you want to see me ( not sure why you would [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] ) i'm on page 33
Old 11-27-2002, 09:46 AM   #136
Melusine
Dracolisk

index updated
Old 11-27-2002, 09:50 AM   #137
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

No laughing I have some pics in there.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:45 PM   #138
Melusine
Dracolisk

Lionesssssss!! Just saw you online... do you think you'll manage to send me the pic? [img]smile.gif[/img] Very curious!
Old 11-27-2002, 01:53 PM   #139
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Lionesssssss!! Just saw you online... do you think you'll manage to send me the pic? [img]smile.gif[/img] Very curious!
Hey Mel. [img]smile.gif[/img] Er...can you email me instructions on how I would change it to a gif or jpeg file? Totally pc illiterate here. And I'll try and take care of it when I get back to the dorm (home sweet home), I'm home for thanksgiving currently. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks.
Old 11-27-2002, 02:00 PM   #140
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Hey Mel. [img]smile.gif[/img] Er...can you email me instructions on how I would change it to a gif or jpeg file? Totally pc illiterate here. And I'll try and take care of it when I get back to the dorm (home sweet home), I'm home for thanksgiving currently. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks.
Sure, will email! And happy thanksgiving