Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2001, 05:10 PM   #1
cloud88
Manshoon

ok here`s my problem
when i enter a saved game my play-screen(ya know what i mean right?)
goes down to the bottom of the screen like this:

it starts here
¦__________¦ map ¦
¦ ¦
¦ ¦
¦ ¦
¦_________________________¦

and goes down to here
¦__________ map ¦
¦ ¦ ¦
¦ my play ¦ ¦
¦ screen ¦ ¦
¦__________¦______________¦

anyone knows why?

------------------
/Luna
How do you prove that you exist?
Maybe we dont exist.....
Old 10-20-2001, 06:29 PM   #2
Lucre
Elminster

Shouldnt your playscreen fill the whole screen?
Old 10-20-2001, 08:45 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

lucre, try and think a little. i shall explain. play screen obviously refers to the viewport. map refers to the entire area. therefore the complaint is the viewport starts in the top left and moves to the bottom left without any user interaction to make it do so.

cloud88 can yell at me if im wrong.

assuming for the time being im correct, i dont really have a clue as to the answer. theres always the obvious ones - check mouse conection, directX (not really related to this but check it anyway)

if this happens only on a specific savegame the load another one. if the viewport only moves at first and then acts as normal then its probly some odd hardware prob and you should get onto black isle.

its also possible the SK has caused it cos ive heard of some weird behaviour when SK does something infinity dosent like. woudnt expect so and see no reason for it but report have reached me of similar problems being caused by putting weapon proficiencies where your not allowed to. specific case - a cleric with 5* in warhammers.

oh, and we know we exist because if we didnt then nobody would have been able to create this forum and your sig woudnt be able to have philosophical questions it.