Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2004, 03:38 PM   #11
Jorath Calar
Harper

In Iceland there is the Lagarfljotsormur, also like Loch Ness.
Also Tilberi, don't remember but I think it was a demon who feeds on mothers milk.
I'll have to look up some more... too tired now... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2004, 05:02 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

In our area, we have the brown mountain lights. It is said that there are ghosts that cause the illumination on the mountain that can be seen at a distance, and nothing has been able to explain them other than supernatural.

That is all I am aware of.

Of course, the Mexicans bring the cultural belief of chupacabras with them.

[ 07-23-2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 07-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #13
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

1. Alberta has tons of reports of sightings, evidence and other information concerning Big Foot, Sasquatch and Yeti beings.
http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_county_...sp?state=ca-al

2. THE SERPENT OF SADDLE LAKE -Halloween night, 1984, an Alberta government helicopter flew out to Saddle Lake to hunt for a mysterious monster. Professor James Butler, Social Science professor at the University of Alberta feels that there may be some truth to the story.

3. Thunderbirds - In July 1925 two visitors to Consolation Valley in the Canadian Rockies of Alberta spotted what they thought was at an eagle at sonic considerable altitude. As it approached the Tower of Babel, a 7500-foot-high eak within the range, they noticed that it was huge and brown and, even more startlingly, carried a large animal in its talons. Shouts from the observers caused it to drop the animal, which turned out to be a 15-pound mule-deer fawn.

All conventional ornithological knowledge tells us that such reports-the two we have seen are only two of many and not, as we shall see, even the most fantastic-describe the impossible. The largest predatory birds such as the eagle attack only "small mammals, reptiles, fish, and, perhaps, some other birds," according to wildlife authority Roger A. Caras. The largest American birds, the rare and endangered California condors, have a wingspan of slightly over 10 feet, though one captured specimen early in the century was measured at 11 feet, four inches. Even so, their weak feet do not permit them to carry their prey; instead they feed on carrion.

4. Then there are your Ghost and UFO sightings. For the ghost there is a book of stories called "Ghosts of Alberta".

[ 07-23-2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 07-23-2004, 05:40 PM   #14
Aerich
Lord Ao

Golden eagles have been known for attacking newborn deer and mountain sheep/goats. I'll admit that I've never heard of one carrying off one, though. Might just be a big eagle that tried to carry more than it was able to.

Edit: then again, this isn't exactly a thread for skepticism.

[ 07-23-2004, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Aerich ]
Old 07-23-2004, 05:43 PM   #15
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yeah, as super-sonic speed, carrying a deer.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I remembered we also have tons upon tons of UFO sightings.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #16
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Cool topic, Aerich. In my area of Maine there are quite a few interesting stories related to the paranormal/supernatural, but not monsters per se. There's a river a few miles from my place in which three people have died every single year since 1721. The river was cursed by an Indian chief who died in it that year, and since then it's managed to drown exactly three people annually.
Old 07-23-2004, 07:27 PM   #17
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Well in Australia, we are supposed to have Bunyips. They are pretty much the same as sasquatches.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-23-2004, 08:00 PM   #18
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Pah - I'll see all your beasties and raise you a Loch Ness Monster

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 07-23-2004, 08:24 PM   #19
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Pah - I'll see all your beasties and raise you a Loch Ness Monster
Our Donutasaurus would eat your Nessie for Brekkies..with neeps and tatties [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2004, 08:32 PM   #20
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The only monster they've been thinking about in New York for the past few years is terrorists...

"No, I only lied about being a thief."