Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-20-2002, 08:23 AM   #41
Grungi
Banned User

yep im choosing the psycho-path
Old 12-20-2002, 08:35 AM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This thread seems to have become a personal mudslinging match instead of a discussion of the topic. Put it back on topic, please.

Grungi, maybe you should take a break from posting if it upsets you this much.
I think you are taking things too seriously and thus too personally. As Hierophant said, nobody is out to get anyone else, certainly nobody is arguing with you to insult you, they simple don't agree with what you said and are pointing out what they think is incorrect about your assumptions or statements. You do it to other people's posts all the time. It's how a discussion takes place amongst friendly adults. [img]smile.gif[/img]

For the most part, people here have learned to let things go when they get too tensed up about a thread because they realize this is just a message board and people are having a discussion, not a raging debate where the outcome makes one "King of the Forum" for life or the "most popular poster".

Ok everyone, let's back off the one-on-one comments and get back to the topic at hand. Grungi is new but he's learning how thing work here, so I would like to see everyone take the above advice- if you feel so overwrought as to have to throw out personal comments, let it go and leave the discussion for a while. Thanks.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:03 AM   #43
Grungi
Banned User

u not reading me again? im not bothered, im not angry, im grinning as i write [img]tongue.gif[/img] why are people under the impression im upset?

cant u tell from the tone of my posts when im taking the p*** [img]tongue.gif[/img] not taking it serious or personal. People disagree with me constantly, if they didnt i wouldnt have much fun arguing, if people want to go the step further and bring my intelligence or personality into question, bring it on, i enjoy a good slag off session as much as the next man [img]smile.gif[/img] very carthartic in my opinion.

how many smilies do i have to put to give a clue that im not being serious?

*bangs his head against a brickwall till realisation dawns* ahhhh my humour is too weird for you, gotta be as twisted as me i spose to understand it [img]smile.gif[/img] so far on this entire forum i have had 1 person annoy me and 1 person upset me and the 2nd was over a misunderstanding which has been since cleared up with no bad feeling, and thats since me joining in september, so dont worry none of you are actually offending or upsetting me, only reason id complain about it is to see other people get slapped down so giving me a further laugh [img]smile.gif[/img] but boy is it a lotta fun replying.

and if you want to understand my humour watch lots of monty python and off the wall irreverant comedy [img]smile.gif[/img] then you might get close [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:08 AM   #44
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
, only reason id complain about it is to see other people get slapped down so giving me a further laugh [img]smile.gif[/img] but boy is it a lotta fun replying.

I think this is a mistake Grungi because if a moderator sees this they won't take a complaint seriously. And if you've already made a complaint they will be well pissed off because you were wasting their time.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 12-20-2002, 09:23 AM   #45
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hmm - more holes - I better go back to the other page and get that shovel - won't someone think of the worms - they don't enjoy this harsh sunlight.

There is a village somewhere .........

Davros : Bring out yer dead, bring out yer dead

Grungi : I'm not dead yet

Davros : Shut up, yer not foolin anybody

Grungi : I'm feelin better

Davros : No yer not

Grungi : I think i'll go for a walk

Davros : Ah, there's that shovel

[ 12-20-2002, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:27 AM   #46
Grungi
Banned User

i know donut [img]tongue.gif[/img] but the main point is whatever the reaction im still entertained.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:31 AM   #47
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
i know donut [img]tongue.gif[/img] but the main point is whatever the reaction im still entertained.
THUNK [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2002, 09:31 AM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
We call that TROLLING and it will get you suspended or banned if you continue doing it.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:38 AM   #49
Grungi
Banned User

no trolling is where im deliberately offensive to provoke bad feelings or the like its NOT when im deliberately provoking intelligent discussion, thats called philosophy [img]smile.gif[/img] and i havent trolled once, nor do i intend to.

and im not dead! ill set my killer rabbit on you, followed by a troupe of board bashing monks and if that doesnt finish you then i shall ask you these questions three...
Old 12-20-2002, 09:57 AM   #50
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And Grungi moves on to prove that black = white, and promptly gets mown down on the next zebra crossing.

Bollocks buddy - I agree with Cloudy and Donut - you can keep on believin what you want in your own little world, but in my view, youse trollin. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

Talk to the hand ......

[ 12-20-2002, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]