Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2001, 05:38 PM   #1
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Two kids (10 or so years old) murdered a 2 year old baby by effectively stoning him to death on the side of a railway track. They were convicted of the murder and imprisoned some 8 years ago. Today they have been released, given new I.D's, homes and maybe even jobs. The taxpayer now has to pay to keep these two free and untraceable.

I reckon they should still be in prison, the harsher the better, not free to pick up the pieces of their lives. Unfortunately James Bulger will never be given the same opportunities.

I just wondered if anyone thinks its right and proper to release these two murderers?

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-28-2001, 05:53 PM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I heard about this on the news and was appalled that they were actually letting these kids out and with new lives to boot! I think they should be put in a regular prison for the rest of their lives! To commit a crime as horrible as they did at the age of 10...these kids have to have some serious mental issues and are a danger to society no matter where you place them. I hope they get tracked down by someone, somehow and are brought to justice [again] for what they did! Of course this is just IMHO!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-28-2001, 06:00 PM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Man you all realy like to put our emotions and brains to the test right??

OIKI, 2 cents rolling by a drunk wolf, sorry if you get annoyed by this, but as ever, tell me, donīt complaint..

Welll one, they were young when they did it, to take a 2 year old vhilds life, hell that vanīt be repaid ever, but can we, take the lives of two ten year old kids??

Itīs so hard to value lives against each other. Horrible crimes, but well it is human to err and divine to forgive, lies soomethinh in that even to an unchristian..

I canīt tell, I havenīt seen any remorse, any justification to a release, but hopefully the juries and thoose who decide has....

Right or wrong, honestly, who am I to tell?

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 06-28-2001, 06:15 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Human to err is very correct. But at 10 years old the cold blooded abduction and murder of a baby is slightly more than erring. Please feel free to comment, no ones gonna get in a fight over another persons beliefs. if you think they should be freed then fine, each to there own. Personally i think they should be doing a mandatory 25 stretch, if nothing else at least it may make Bulgers mum think that justice is being done. How must that poor woman feel knowing that those that murdered her baby are now being given brand new lifes, chances are with better prospects than they may have had if they had never commited murder in the first place. They have been rewarded for murder in my eyes. The cost to the taxpayer is gonna be criminal too, more than keeping em in clink.

Wow this made the news in the USA Moridin?

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:16 PM   #5
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Man you all realy like to put our emotions and brains to the test right??

OIKI, 2 cents rolling by a drunk wolf, sorry if you get annoyed by this, but as ever, tell me, donīt complaint..

Welll one, they were young when they did it, to take a 2 year old vhilds life, hell that vanīt be repaid ever, but can we, take the lives of two ten year old kids??

Itīs so hard to value lives against each other. Horrible crimes, but well it is human to err and divine to forgive, lies soomethinh in that even to an unchristian..

I canīt tell, I havenīt seen any remorse, any justification to a release, but hopefully the juries and thoose who decide has....

Right or wrong, honestly, who am I to tell?

wisdom. it's like the saying two wrongs don't make a right. If there lives are taken by you then your no better than they are but than again can people just let it slide? no. so is it right to just take a small part of there life and have them start anew? maybe.

I myself can't say what I think is wrong or right nor do I think I should try.

------------------

Drake A.K.A. bocaj
Old 06-28-2001, 06:24 PM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Another good point you made there Moridin. These two aint even been in a "real prison" yet, not one day. Just swanning it in a juvenile D.C. for a few years.

------------------
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:28 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Why and how the heck were they able to get new identities, homes, etc.? Sounds like a frikken reward! If they were 10 when they committed the murder, and served 8 years, what? They are around 18 or 19 now? Still pretty young, and jail doesn't really improve anyone from what I have seen, only makes them worse in many ways, as they are angry, penned in with other evil-doers, learning their ways. Dunno, I've heard of people getting sentenced for much longer than 8 years for other things besides murder, doesn't make sense. I know in many states here in the U.S., when child molesters get out of jail, wherever they move the neighbors are notified as to their background. How can two murderers get protected in that way? Shouldn't the public be informed of their past deeds for safety reasons? Shite, hey, I want to go anonymous and have someone else pay for my house and get me a job too. So what, should I murder someone to get that? Is that the way it goes?

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, and these two boys are all "reformed" now. But in my past experience and knowledge, when children do such heinous acts at such a young age, they rarely change. All I know is I hope I never come across them.

------------------
Old 06-28-2001, 06:30 PM   #8
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Whether its right or wrong, if I was the father of the dead child, I know what I'd be doing right now. I'd be trying to find out what the killers new identities are and taken care of business.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 06-28-2001, 06:31 PM   #9
Bleys
Dungeon Master

IMHO it is too early, they should have done the standard punishment for Murder.

Also it is nearly impossible to protect there new ID, and if a picture gets out, it's going to endanger there lives and anybody looking like them.
As a some people are not going to Forgive, and are far to happy to jump to conclusions and take the law into there own hands.
Old 06-28-2001, 06:52 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

I hope I dont get people mad when i make this statement.

If i cud see those two lads, i would literally go straight for their throats

I aint a violent person, and I am only 16.But i look after 2 two year olds (twins) and i see them as brother and sister.I would protect them with my life.I live in the north west of england, which is where the Bulger Killers have been released.

They have been given:

New passports
1/2million pounds each
new identities

it will cost the taxpayers,in total around 3million pounds.

To get this life of luxury, they had to:

Torture a 2year old.
Hit him,kick him.
Throw stones at him
Tie him to a railway track.
Pour Paint in his eyes,and his mouth.
Gouged his eyes. (all info is real,was released in official post mortem)

Jamie Bulger was 2. These kids should be killed, and I dont belive in the death penalty.But they took it past the line of extreme. And I hope someone does find them,and do something back.And if they die,I wouldnt be sorry.

They deserve to be lynched,and I hope someone finds them.Which they will.It wont be long before they get caught,and someone will tear them to pieces.And i would say that it would be fair retribution.

I dont condone death in anyway,but for these two I make an exception.

Wolf, they havent been decided to release.They came up for parole, as they only got sentenced to 8years due to there age. And as they have behaved since being inside,the judge has no choice but to release them.

Zekke, they have got a reward.But the public cudnt be notified, as you cudnt understand the hate for these two teenagers.They are both 18 now. And i know many people are hated in America,but not many have MURERED a 2yr old. If people were notified,they'd be dead within 1hour.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lavindathar (edited 06-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lavindathar (edited 06-28-2001).]