Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-14-2001, 04:15 AM   #1
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I am just wondering, after a couple of weeks on the new board, how people think the transition has gone?

The BG2 board has returned to BG2 related stuff, rather than Off-Topic. All of that sort of thing has had moved to here...
But are there still new members drifting into this section, or is this becoming like a "regulars" only forum?
I personally would like to see a lot of new people coming in and out, to keep things fresh.

To any "newbies" reading this, I encourage you to join in all of the discussions, and you will be welcomed...

I just want some thoughts from other members...
I know Moiraine was pretty worried about this, "The move" to a "General Discussion" forum, for exaclty the same reasons I have stated...

Damn... I ramble, anyway, It would be nice to get some feed back!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Theif of the OHF
Old 03-14-2001, 04:56 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
I am just wondering, after a couple of weeks on the new board, how people think the transition has gone?

The BG2 board has returned to BG2 related stuff, rather than Off-Topic. All of that sort of thing has had moved to here...
But are there still new members drifting into this section, or is this becoming like a "regulars" only forum?

I just want some thoughts from other members...
I know Moiraine was pretty worried about this, "The move" to a "General Discussion" forum, for exaclty the same reasons I have stated...

I was worried about new 'cliques' of folks developing where the forums didn't communicate with each other, but if that happens it won't be the fault of guys from the GD forum. I regularly see us over there, but it's less likely seeing a new user here. Oh well. Such is life

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-14-2001, 05:44 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I was worried about new 'cliques' of folks developing where the forums didn't communicate with each other, but if that happens it won't be the fault of guys from the GD forum. I regularly see us over there, but it's less likely seeing a new user here. Oh well. Such is life

It's not really an issue of who's at fault - at the end of the day you can't force newbies to come here and vice versa. The newbies who will come here are the ones who feel confident in discussing the issues that get discussed here. For example Aurican has tried to get involved in a lot of issues which i think is great. Sometimes I feel that newbies might try to post here and because they might not get acknowledged first or second time they might lose heart. But there's only so much we can do - it's impossible to acknowledge everyone, but it doesn't mean that your contribution goes unnoticed! I think that the newbies are probably more into the BG2 stuff at the moment and that's fine - one man's wine is another man's poison and vice versa!

I regularly visit ALL forums (doesn't mean everyone else has to ok?) and I think it's working quite well. It certainly makes it easier to find and talk about stuff.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-14-2001, 05:46 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
True, Yorick, it wouldn't be our fault, but still. Maybe Ziroc should rename the GD forum - something like "Adventurer's Cafe", maybe ? And also, maybe Ziroc could put an advertisement for this forum and for the Polls forum in the BG II forum page ? Because every time I have tried to advertise for the GD forum in a regular BG II thread, it seems to have had no effect ...

Also, I didn't realize that I really missed the on-topic threads going waaay off-topics, until yesterday - it was fun, hey Yorick ? I know we have been naughty children, but it was fun ... Danisel never answered BTW ...

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 05:53 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Yeah but Memnoch there are guys with 100+ posts and attitude to boot who don't drop in. Well, maybe at least one anyway. Ah bugger it, who cares.

Yo' Moiraine, I wonder why, not another check and forgetter? Surely not

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-14-2001, 05:57 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
True, Yorick, it wouldn't be our fault, but still. Maybe Ziroc should rename the GD forum - something like "Adventurer's Cafe", maybe ? And also, maybe Ziroc could put an advertisement for this forum and for the Polls forum in the BG II forum page ? Because every time I have tried to advertise for the GD forum in a regular BG II thread, it seems to have had no effect ...

I wouldn't worry about it Moiraine. There ARE people out there who just want to talk about the game - el_kalk and GW are two examples, and that's totally fine. Zephyr if he was still with us would be the same. That's what free will is there for you can't force something down someone's throat if they don't want it It's the same reason why you guys don't post much at the Books or the User Polls forums, because everyone has their preference! People who come here are welcomed and that's the main thing.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-14-2001, 06:02 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Zephyr if he was still with us would be the same. That's what free will is there for
I wonder what happened to Zappha?
BTW I noticed your message to Leonidas BTW Memnoch

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-14-2001, 06:02 AM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Memnoch (Sorry sorry sorry for yesterday ... ),
Of course, forcing something down someone's throat is not at all an option ! But maybe a bit of advertisement would attract here people who don't even know that they are welcome here, don't you think ?

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 06:12 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Moraine - I think you have made some good suggestions. If people don't know we are here they can't exercise their free will. We need a regular infusion of new blood.

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile
Old 03-14-2001, 06:19 AM   #10
Moiraine
Anubis

Donut, thanks, fellow !
If I were to come into the BG II forum now, I know for sure that you would never see me here without a good bit of advertisement and welcoming - never was the kind of person to intrude, you know.

------------------