Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-08-2001, 04:34 PM   #41
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Ahhhh....
"There's a Red House over yonder,
That's where my baby stays..."

Eric Johnson, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani... Jimi would be proud of it...
...well except for Eric Johnson singing like a girl, but that's beside the point...

[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 03-08-2001).]
Old 03-08-2001, 06:09 PM   #42
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OKI, Kdoggy a little challenge, if you take this I think I have a kindred spirit here and I have to call the Internet Ghostbusters.. HEhe

"Looka yonder! Looka yonder! Looka yoonder! A big black cloud come! O comes to Tupelo- Comes to Tupelo.

Yonder on the horizon. Stopped at the mighty river and and Sucked
the damn thing dry. Tupelo-o-o, O Tupelo. In a valley hides a town
called Tupelo."

Ok, break this one for me ok!?

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-08-2001, 06:12 PM   #43
WOLFGIR

OKI, Kdoggy a little challenge, if you take this I think I have a kindred spirit here and I have to call the Internet Ghostbusters.. HEhe

"Looka yonder! Looka yonder! Looka yoonder! A big black cloud come! O comes to Tupelo- Comes to Tupelo.

Yonder on the horizon. Stopped at the mighty river and and Sucked
the damn thing dry. Tupelo-o-o, O Tupelo. In a valley hides a town
called Tupelo."

Ok, break this one for me ok?

Howls..

------------------

::HOWLING WOLFGIR THE MAD WOLF::
Old 03-09-2001, 08:10 AM   #44
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm, starting out drawing a blank on this challenge...
I'm all for it, but I don't know anything about it yet. Gonna ahve to get back to you!
Old 03-09-2001, 08:45 AM   #45
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Husker Du! Oh my! Does that ever take me back!
I grew up in a teeny village (150 ppl) in north western Minnesota. My musical exposure was mostly country western - which I have NEVER liked - and then some Simon & Garfunkel, Cat Stevens, Elton John... so that's who I liked til college, when I was exposed to a little more variety including Heart, Devo - who I still enjoy. (I can hardly believe Mark Mothersbaugh is making music for cartoons like the RugRats now! LOL)

But then I went to Yemen, where I met the man who would be my husband (from Syracuse NY) - and he is SO into music!!! He introduced me to many many new bands from around the world. It was a very exciting time!! Some of the ones I remember are:
Blue Oyster Cult, Kraftwerk, Lena Lovitch, Duran Duran, Split Ends, Hukston Creepers, Line Spiders, Crowded House, Men at Work, even some Flock of Seagulls .... I truly can't recall them all.

What fun! And music is one of those things that can truly 'place' you back into those memories so vividly! When I hear some of those songs now I remember how I felt then... what we were doing ...
*sigh* Those were the days.

Now I REALLLY sound OLD!

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-09-2001, 11:15 AM   #46
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Bilgis:
Where are you from? I've lived most of my life in MN. Remember The Sububs?
Old 03-09-2001, 11:50 AM   #47
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

KDogRex: The village I was referring to (I actually only lived there between the ages of 5-13) was Goodridge MN, near Thief River Falls. Heard of it?
Where did you grow up?
I'm sorry to say I don't recall the Sububs - what kind of music did they play?

------------------

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 03-09-2001).]
Old 03-09-2001, 12:34 PM   #48
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
KDogRex: The village I was referring to (I actually only lived there between the ages of 5-13) was Goodridge MN, near Thief River Falls. Heard of it?
Where did you grow up?
I'm sorry to say I don't recall the Sububs - what kind of music did they play?

Whoops! I meant "The Suburbs!" They were a local Minneapolis band that played all over the state in the mid/late '80s. Played Minneapolis style pop music from back then. I know where that (Goodridge) is, though I've never been there. For a while I went camping to Grand Rapids every year. Beautiful area, even though a bit farther south than you! I grew up in Mankato and then Northfield, later on.

[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 03-09-2001).]
Old 03-09-2001, 05:34 PM   #49
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Hmmm, starting out drawing a blank on this challenge...
I'm all for it, but I don't know anything about it yet. Gonna ahve to get back to you!
OK, it was Nick Cave and The bad seeds, try them they´re really good.

Old 03-11-2001, 06:12 PM   #50
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Whoops! I meant "The Suburbs!" They were a local Minneapolis band that played all over the state in the mid/late '80s. Played Minneapolis style pop music from back then. I know where that (Goodridge) is, though I've never been there. For a while I went camping to Grand Rapids every year. Beautiful area, even though a bit farther south than you! I grew up in Mankato and then Northfield, later on.
[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 03-09-2001).]
Sorry KDogRex, I'm drawing a blank regarding "the Suburbs". I was very much into being "Mom" in those days. Oh! And we lived in Oxford MS between 87-89 too. I did go to Lollapalooza in Minneapolis a few times... but I don't recall all of the bands I saw there. Just some of the big name ones like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tool, Fish...... Very fun.

I know where Mankato & Northfield are. Did you attend any of the universities in those towns?

------------------