Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-17-2004, 01:52 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

anyone got it yet?
if you do, don't hold back. i'm dying to hear what it's like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V
Old 11-18-2004, 09:09 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Kinda wrapped in plastic, a girl in uniform not looking normal on the cover and alot of warnings and signs saying 18+ adult contents etc...

Maybe I should tell you it is uninstalled since Gordon Freeman is taking up most of my gaming time right now...

VTM Bloodlines have had some different reviews and this could very well turn out to be a fanboy bonanza or another ToEE disaster..

The combat system has gotten a poor review from Gamespot already so that is not good..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:21 AM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well it will definitly look good becuase of the Source engine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:09 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It's not out here yet, but the first day it's in the stores i'll get it. I've been waiting like forever for this one, and The Masquerade is really becoming boring after playing it 15 times.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #5
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

I have been a fan of V:TM since 2002, and i love it dearly. But i have only played on V:TM "video game". so, i dont know really what to say.i guess i'm just a fan of the old fashioned dice chucking face-to-face rpg games. but oh well, im looking forward to haering more about this game.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:31 AM   #6
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Well it will definitly look good becuase of the Source engine. [img]smile.gif[/img]
True it would look swell but we all know looks can be decieving. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2004, 03:48 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have it.

The game itself is very good. You can be a male or female, any clans, the missions are very open ended. You can sneak, kill everything, talk your way out of trouble, get a goul...

The game look awesome and is very scary. I had to stop playing for a while because it was too scray and I didn't want to play it alone.

Think Undying on steroids.

Just one thing, this game is full of bugs for now.

Mostly they are cliping issues, or characters gliding in demos and such. Typical things from games that had to be rushed.

There is one game stoping bug at about the middle of the game that lots of people experiencned. The devs found the problem, but are waiting until they have fixed a couple more thing to release a patch. until then, they released some console commands that can allow you to continue.

The other bug, the worse one, crash the game at startup giving an error messsage. There's about 4-5 devs hanging on another forum I visit and they are doing their best to fix this asap. Not everyone get that bug, I don't.

The game use up lots of resources. You really need at least 512 megs of RAM.

So you have it, the game is awesome, but there are bugs. A patch will be very welcome.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:34 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Heheh...the game got you scared ?
Old 11-19-2004, 04:42 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Here are some screenshots a guy took: link.

They are from a regular user, so you should know what to expect.

Edit: Now that I took a good look at his graphic, I can say that mine are way better. His don't have what do you call it? antialias I think.

[ 11-19-2004, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Heheh...the game got you scared ?
There's an haunted manor at one point, and the ghosts and poltergheist (spelling?) are not regular ennemies you can kill, you have to navigate the place for an item, and they do everything you expect from ghosts, poltergheist, and an haunted mansion.

Add that to awesome graphics, voice acting and real music, and you're as close to a real haunted manor experience as you'll ever see.

There's so much things that happen in there. Lots of scripted events just there to scare you.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote