Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Eagerly awaiting Timbers reply.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ungh been so long since I saw it, but I think I came to the conclusion it was the money from the boxing fight Bruce Willis' character was supposed to get for taking the fall...

But I bet I was wrong... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:46 PM   #3
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Jorath, you're not wrong, at least in my opinion. IMHO, I think Tarantino didn't explain it so that we can all come up with our own ideas.

Personally, I like the whole "soul" idea, that ties in with the bandages on the back of some peoples' necks. But I'm too tired to give a better explanation right now, and I'm sure there are others who can explain it much better than I.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I tend to agree with the "soul" idea too. Especially since the combination to open the case was 666...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

MMM not to sure I think it was gold.

And I never heard this soul theroy do tell. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
Marathon
Elminster

I'm going with the soul theory as well, but it's been too long since I've thought about to be able to give much background on it. It has something to do with the devil extracting one's soul through the back of the neck, hence the band-aid on Marcellis' neck...
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:26 PM   #7
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quentin Tarantino said it was a light-bulb with a battery hooked up to it...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Marcellus Wallace's soul. Apparently, it's a form of a voodoo legend that says if you lose your soul it's taken out through the back of your neck. If you do this, the only way to get your soul back is to beseech an angel (or two) to get it for you.

In this version, the angels don't know they're angels. One of them realizes it, realizes they are part of a miracle, and changes his life. The other fails to realize it, and dies.

You may note in this movie that one general trend is that everyone who encounters a dramatic moment and makes a decision to change lives and everyone who fails to make such a decision dies.

Well, except the poor kid in the back seat, of course.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #9
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Wow Timber, we've got the same idea!

Now, from what I understand, the soul resides in the head, and can most easily be accessed from the base of the skull.

BTW, I've really got to rewatch this movie. The last time I saw it was in the movie theaters, and I walked away unsatisfied. :/
Old 04-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You may note in this movie that one general trend is that everyone who encounters a dramatic moment and makes a decision to change lives and everyone who fails to make such a decision dies.
<font color = lightgreen>An intriguing hypothesis. How does the fact that Vincent saves Mia's life figure in to this? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

What were those college punks doing with Marcellus' "stuff" in the first place? Whatever it was, they were trying to "mess with" Marcus, according to Jules (isn't that Samuel L. Jackson's character's name? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ). Had they stolen it from him? Were they supposed to have sold it and turned in the cash? Had they obtained it from someone else and trying to sell it to Marcellus? (probably not, since they are described as Marcellus' "business partners".)

Half of the fun of unanwered questions is in leaving them unanswered! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote