Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2002, 04:16 PM   #1
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I've done quite alot of quests both in and outside Athkatla so far but have not found Mazzy.Where is she?I checked her house in Trademeet but she wasn't there. Also it says in the manuel she is a fighter so is she a good tank? I have minsc,Keldorn and Valygar at the minute but only really Keldorn has been a good tank. I would like peoples opinion on Mazzy,is she a good npc? I'm thinking about taking her instead of Minsc as I already have a ranger in valygar and
Minscs isn't as good as Keldorn.So then opinions please is Mazzy a good character?
Old 06-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Mazzy aint exactly the best tank you can find, but she is a devil at missile-attacks. With her in your back, you have a reason to feel safe. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for her location,
You must do the Umar Hills quest. She is captured by the Shade Lord and his shadows, and is found in a cell in the Temple Ruins.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 04:36 PM   #3
Saint Grimm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As sir Exxon already said, and I was too slow to beat him to it... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 04:45 PM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

safe? I'd never trust a halfling to guard my back; nothing personal, I just prefer elves, halfelves, and maybe humans if Im in a nice mood. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] . besides, Im a ranger, I dont need little mazzy... I think I'd rather have whining little aeire with a sling. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 04:47 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
safe? I'd never trust a halfling to guard my back; nothing personal, I just prefer elves, halfelves, and maybe humans if Im in a nice mood. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] . besides, Im a ranger, I dont need little mazzy... I think I'd rather have whining little aeire with a sling. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Righty...
Anyway, I dont like Mazzy that much myself either, but she sure is the best ranged NPC. Halfling or not ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), she is a real killer-machine with the proper weapons. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 05:15 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

And she actually is quite a dandy Tank. Her STR/DEX/CON are all healthy, and she already has Grandmastery in Short Sword, and there are some really good Short Swords available, particularly if you have ToB installed. True, she hasn't invested any points in Sword & Shield....but neither have Minsc, Keldorn, Korgan, Jaheira or Valygar.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:17 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I always have this cute image of enemies flailing aimlessly at sweet short Mazzy, while she stabs them in the knees( or somewhere else if they have no knees).

She is surprisingly, a very good tank. I usually use her for melee combat than range combat. Short Swords are not to be underestimated.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 08:47 AM   #8
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

What weapon profenciencies does Mazzy have? Short swords and a ranged weapon? What is the ranged weapon so I know to keep something good for her?
Old 06-25-2002, 09:11 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
What weapon profenciencies does Mazzy have? Short swords and a ranged weapon? What is the ranged weapon so I know to keep something good for her?
Short bow, IIRC. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2002, 09:27 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
Shortsword: +++
Shortbow: +++++