Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 02:01 PM   #11
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
The ceilings in my house aren't white

Many house I've been to don't have white ceilings either.
What colour are they?

Old 09-16-2002, 02:02 PM   #12
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Generally - white ceilings or walls make the room MUCH brighter. If that's what you're going for.
Then wouldn't it make sense to have bedroom ceilings darker? so they don't keep you up at night?

Old 09-16-2002, 02:05 PM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well one thing is that you usually have lighter ceilings then the flors since that makes it easier to orientate, I know sounds silly, but if you have the reversed you can feel dizzy.

Space is also one, makes the room look "happier" in a sense as well.
So basicly if they weren't white, you might accidentlaly try to walk on the ceiling? hehhehe.....but thanks Melusine and all of you for helping me get rid of this nagging question...I hate when I have something like that get stuck in my thoughts...almost as bad as a repetitive song.....oh god now I have the Inspector gadget theme song stuck in there....gaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Old 09-16-2002, 02:07 PM   #14
Sorcerer Alex

There's also something completely neutral about the colour white. You can't really love it or hate it. I think it's a play-it-safe kind of colour, you can't really go wrong with it. Plus it's the best undercoat you could wish for - white is great to paint over.

Old 09-16-2002, 02:10 PM   #15
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
The ceilings in my house aren't white

Many house I've been to don't have white ceilings either.
What colour are they?[/QUOTE]Actually the room I'm in is white sorry

Although the others are orange, blue, green, brown, red, pink and white. There are repeated colours btw.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:19 PM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I spoke to my resident interior decorator, and she says that white ceilings make a room look taller. Maybe that's why she painted the ceiling that my ex-wife painted blue to white.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:57 PM   #17
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Lighting reflectance properties. The average white ceiling (suspended acoustical tile) has a reflectance of 80%. The high reflectance reduces the number of light fixtures needed to illuminate a space. Typical commercial reflectance values are: Ceiling 80%, Walls 50%, Floors 20%. Combine these properties along with the "roominess" aspect mentioned by others, and you now have your answer.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:17 PM   #18
MagiK

So wouldn't it make sense to have a dark colour bedroom ceiling? Make the room seem nice and cozy and dark.....of course you could be the mirror on the ceiling type...but thats a different thread... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 05:56 PM   #19
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
So wouldn't it make sense to have a dark colour bedroom ceiling? Make the room seem nice and cozy and dark.....of course you could be the mirror on the ceiling type...but thats a different thread... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Actually I do plan to have a different colour on my bedroom ceiling and walls later on... (when I actually live in a decent house )
You're right, it does give a cozy effect to have colours instead of white. I think that's why some people *do* paint their walls in warm colours. but to do the ceiling as well would overdo it so much that you'd get a cramped instead of a cosy feel. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2002, 06:16 PM   #20
MagiK

Good Point Mel. I was so busy focusing on the ceiling that I forgot about the walls (which in my case are the same as the ceiling)