Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-05-2001, 09:50 AM   #1
Jinxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A friend told me that i could get a sword named vampires revenge in the graveyard district but i can't find it anyway he told me if i find it let him know so he can change the description or something too make it more powerfull can this done? Where can i find it?

BTW whens ToB coming out in the UK because i love BG2 and usally we brits gets things way longer than the rest of the world!

Thanks for putting up with my low intellectual skills
Old 06-05-2001, 09:53 AM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Vampires revenge is a completly useless sword from bg1 so your on the wrong board friend.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:53 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I almost forgot, welcome to the board.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 06-05-2001).]
Old 06-05-2001, 09:55 AM   #4
SherpaDoug
Dungeon Master

I think the sword you have in mind is from BG1.

BG1 Spoiler
It was at the Ulcaster's school ruins. You had to get an idol and some anchient armor to trade for it. It is a lousey sword.

------------------
Evil around every corner. Be careful not to step in it!

Sherpa Doug
Old 06-05-2001, 09:58 AM   #5
Jinxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you always reply this quick?

Grr my friends in for it now lol

Thank you anyway!
Old 06-05-2001, 10:01 AM   #6
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Jinxs,

I've never found the sword myself, but I wouldn't want to. According to the description in Shadowkeeper, the Vampire's Revenge is a cursed sword which does damage to YOU and heals your enemies when you weild it. Plus, it's only a plus one weapon.
If you're looking for a great weapon to fight Vampires, and you want to customize it using IEEP, why not try the Daystar. You can find it

Spoiler
In the City Gates District in a secret room in the tavern, guarded by a lich. Better make sure you save before you go. Even a strong party can be taken out quickly by a lich if you're having some bad luck. I customized a sword like this and added Immunity to Level Drain by using the codes on the Silver Amulet, which will eventually be given to you if you're truly planning on fighting Vampires. Good luck!
Old 06-05-2001, 10:01 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

It casts feeblemind on the wielder and each hit transfers your hitpoints to the enemy.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:05 AM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Daystar is good but the best weapon against vamps is definatly the upgraded mace of disruption it can be found.....
Spoiler
In the graveyard, in the vampires lair to be precise.
Take it to cromwell the dwarf in the docks district along with the Illitium from the sir Sarles quest (temple of Helm, temple district) and he will make you a mace wich grands immunitie to level drain and kills undead in a single blow.

------------------

Old 06-05-2001, 11:05 AM   #9
Lord Shield

He's not in the wrong thread because he was TOLD it was in BG2
Vampire's Revenge was a BG1 sword to penalise evil players
In the archaeological area, you can take the idol from the crypt if you kill the Doomsayer
The rusted armour is in the dungeon beneath the Firewine Bridge
Take both of these to the ghost at the Ulcaster Ruins and he gives you the sword. It heals opponents and is nasty cursed item

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-05-2001, 11:08 AM   #10
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Semantics, boys. It is a BGI weapon, and he was told it was in BGII. Dunno if you could ShadowKeep it in, but why would you want to...either way, the person got the answer they were looking for.

BK