Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

hi, like you might have heard in the boogre bar, im thinking of starting to play W&W again but im too lazy to find my cd and stuff (its a mess here) what might motivate me would be an idea for something different to do.. like a different kind of party that makes it more fun/challenging (but not impossible i hope [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

so if anyone has an idea that will spice up the game, feel free to post it here, =)
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, there are things like a naked party (no equipment of any kind allowed), or a cursed party (only cursed equipment allowed). You could build a LOTR party and see how that goes. Or a comic party -- combine races and roles that don't make sense (like faerie fighters and lizzord wizards). You could even try a rock group (all bards), or something similar.

I've done a solo warrior (Missy Hissy [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and a Den of Thieves (all rogues). Each one presents its own unique challenges.

So.... what tickles your fancy?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:36 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

lol!!

It is a bit obvious that Bungleau has thought about this before!!

Let us know what you decide to do, Rusty! And keep us posted on how your party is doing once you get your game going!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

you know.. i realy dont know how it would work but.. did you guys ever try something like.. a party of 4 but only 2 allowed outside the inn at a time? [img]tongue.gif[/img] i tried something like a party of 30 (or whatever is the max characters) and tried to use all of them.. got realy boring realy fast.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

i tried solo wizard before, although i dint finish the game with it, they are a bit vulnerable but they get realy powerfull realy fast..

all bards might be fun.. but would be odd at first because i cant start with bards

i got a few ideas now but i think il sleep on it and make my party tomorow. when my party is started and everything, il post it here
Old 10-20-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Who, me? [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

I tried a bard in my last game. It was... interesting. The music was useful, but there was no easy way to replace the stamina that got drained. At least, none that I can remember...

Do keep us posted, Rusty. We're always curious...
-+-+-+
Old 10-20-2005, 08:56 PM   #6
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

what would be kinda fun would be to do a solo game and make your character go through every single class.. although at the end it would probably be extremely easy, you'l have all classes in one character wich would end up being almost as good as a full party... might still be fun though [img]tongue.gif[/img]

by the way.. you respond fast [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-20-2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Rusty Shackleford ]
Old 10-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Depends on where I am... if I'm in the office, I'm usually on-line. And if I'm on the road, I check in periodically. And if it's evening-time, I'm downstairs, playing on the computer like a geek

I've been through almost every class with most of my characters. It's actually pretty easy, once you get magic. I found that with the Den of Thieves... combat was tricky until I got an assassin... then with Moon magic, everything was easy again.

Trying a game without advancing classes... that would be tricky! You'd never get moon or fiend magic... man, I'd miss the travelling spells!
-+-+-+
Old 10-21-2005, 06:14 AM   #8
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

i did that once, i ALMOST finished the game with a warrior rogue priest wizard party (only 4. i saw no need for two of one class) but then i got computer problems and had to reformat.. kinda sucked [img]tongue.gif[/img]

it wasnt realy hard. it was fun too. everyone just stayed the same the whole game and not change into different things.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #9
Rusty Shackleford
Dungeon Master

hmmm... i installed W&W and well.. i found a save of a game i started a good while ago.

its a single character party (one wizard) but it was only at level 3 so.. im continuing that game.

right now im at level 9 and im doing the toad village quests. soon il get more information on my character and post it here. but im lazy, lol
Old 10-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Cool! Keep it going, and let us know how it goes [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+