Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 01:25 PM   #1
breadbin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found the fight with Demogorgon in Watchers Keep hard because my party was just Monk (40), Sarevok(31) and later I drafted Edwin(16 i needed him to cast RRR and Breach). I can kill him easy peasy now by getting rid of the Mariliths. I suppose it is a bug but here it is. I send my monk down to initiate the fight, wait for Mariliths to be summoned and then leg it out the portal. Rest overnight and when you return they will be unsummoned. They never come back so you can concentrate on killing Demogorgon then. As far as I can tell they never come back. I did it 5 or 6 times. He does heal himself though so don't bother trying to hit him before resting.You also don't get the experience for killing them, duh.
Old 09-24-2003, 05:09 PM   #2
Devv
The Magister

I think I smell cheese... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

I know that we are all guilty of doin something like this in our BG experience. Breadbin i think you should beat the Demogorgon fair and square first and then go back and cheese it up on another quest. How ever in my mind IT IS THE TUFFEST NONE MOD BATTLE IN ALL OF THE BG SERIES. Thus for if you are concerned on beating this battle then use this technique because it is the easiest way to kill the dmogorgan for me. This strategy also works for battles against any other creature that summons something!!
Old 09-24-2003, 06:38 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
I know that we are all guilty of doin something like this in our BG experience. Breadbin i think you should beat the Demogorgon fair and square first and then go back and cheese it up on another quest. How ever in my mind IT IS THE TUFFEST NONE MOD BATTLE IN ALL OF THE BG SERIES. Thus for if you are concerned on beating this battle then use this technique because it is the easiest way to kill the dmogorgan for me. This strategy also works for battles against any other creature that summons something!!
For me it is also the toughest battle after you add mods. The fight gets extremely difficult when your NPCs get stunned and then are just getting whacked at over, and over, and over, etc.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:37 AM   #5
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Spoiler, and a BIG one
/
/

/
/
//
/
/

/
//
/
/
/

//

easy way to kill the lich in the gate district with 8 level party-send some one to him, and the rest will wait near the district exit. When he goes out and casts a spell go to other district. repeat it several times, untill he runs out of spells.
kill him afterwards.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 06:58 AM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
Spoiler, and a BIG one
easy way to kill the lich in the gate district with 8 level party-send some one to him, and the rest will wait near the district exit. When he goes out and casts a spell go to other district. repeat it several times, untill he runs out of spells.
kill him afterwards.
Why bother with traveling? Just enter and exit the tomb on and on and have your guys wait outside the tavern. This fast cheese to deplete spellcasters works with everybody who is in a non-party required area (e.g. Rayic Gethras).
And on the more honest side: Enter the tomb with a invisible thief, pick the lock, steal Daystar and cast Sunray
Old 09-25-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Heh, I must remember that one for my Ninja party.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:39 AM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Baron:
Spoiler, and a BIG one
kill him afterwards.
Why bother with traveling? Just enter and exit the tomb on and on and have your guys wait outside the tavern. This fast cheese to deplete spellcasters works with everybody who is in a non-party required area (e.g. Rayic Gethras).
And on the more honest side: Enter the tomb with a invisible thief, pick the lock, steal Daystar and cast Sunray
[/QUOTE]Correct me if I am wrong but Liches see through invisibility.(I have Tactics Mod)
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:07 PM   #9
Devv
The Magister

This one doesn't. I dunno if the tactics mod changes him though. Seriously, going in and out of a room when something casts spells is cheese and nothing else. You can cheese almost anything in the game and for some people I guess the urge is too high and they can't help themselves. If you want instant cheese on any lich, just cast protection from undead on your main tank and keep the rest out of the way and hidded from the lich. They can be fun to fight though, if you do them without cheese. Even funnier is having a high level Viconia turn them and gain control of them You can make them spellstrike/breach their own spell and combat protections lol. Liches sure aren't the smartest enemies ever made.
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:22 PM   #10
breadbin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know if it is cheating or not but I struggled with him for ages and with the party I had it was just something I happened upon. Now that I think about it though I have used it before without realising. A battle of note is Kangaxx. I did that with him although he came through the door eventually. I was a solo monk all through SoA and I had to find ways and means to kill these types. I never heard of a Ninja class before is that a mod or something?