Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-05-2001, 07:15 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Im thinking of having my pally go S&S in Tob.
I mean, the questioner vs great defence would make an awesome combination but i have yet to find a good shield here. Any advice?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:28 PM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

There is a medium shield that has an AC Bonus of 5. I am not sure where, but there is in ToB... that's the best I suppose... when based on AC.

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 01:53 PM   #3
Drawde1
The Magister

There are 3 shields that give +5 AC, one is in the Drow city, the other two are in ToB. There's also a large shield that gives a +7 bonus against missiles and +3 against other weapons, that you can buy in the Adventurer's Mart.
Sword and shield is a much more valid choice for paladins with ToB, as you can get one-handed weapons like the Purifier and Foebane. - SPOILER -

Both of these are in Watcher's Keep, so you can get them at any time during the BG2-SoA story, providing you don't mind facing the denizens of WK.
Drawde1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 03:47 PM   #4
homsuplee
Dungeon Master

Not *anytime* during WK, if you're not high enough of a level the weapons won't spawn.

In the Adv. Mart there's also a shield that reflects projectiles.

------------------
Death comes for you, FEEL IT'S ICY TOUCH
homsuplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 01:36 PM   #5
Cleric 2
Manshoon

our reflects beholder rays
Cleric 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 02:39 PM   #6
ScottG
Drow Warrior

The best shield is the Shield of Harmony in SOA (Trademeet section). It has decent AC bonus but more importantly has AWESOME magical defenses. TOB Darkstar shield and Shield of the Defender give better AC adjustments but not better magical protection.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 05:15 AM   #7
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

installing ToB as i type...

too bad weapon styles werent available in bg1. sword/shield style is practically worthless in SoA, would have been great in bg1, and i dont know about ToB yet.
Amergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 02:46 PM   #8
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

What weapons should i use with it?
I guess the mace of disruption(against undead) and a katana(best statts).

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 12:52 AM   #9
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

i play an elf f/t with a shield usually so i need lots of different weapons depending on the situation. gotta have something for backstabbing and the best thing ive found early is the electrical scimitar +4 from one of the statues first level of WK. then i need a good blunt weapon and considering all the undead the upgraded mace of disruption is weapon #2, although the flail of ages would be better for non-undead where blunt is necessary like golems (that slow effect is a life-saver soloing because you can slow each combatant once then switch to a better weapon and hack them down before the slow wears off). lastly i put a few slots into darts (the +3 crimson dart), bastard sword and long sword just in case i come across anything worthwhile, and being multiclassed i have alot of slots to use since i can't put more than 2 anywhere.
Amergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 01:44 PM   #10
Byronas

Best shields in SOA are: Sentinel +4, Fortress Shield +3
Bets shield in TOB: that shield you find by killing Yaga-Shura, that shield you find by killing Sendai (I don't remember their names at all)

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.