Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2004, 05:09 AM   #1
Odruith
The Magister

This is just a question to you mod makers, Sim, Icelus, Weimer etc etc. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I was wondering, there are no romances for for dwarven characters in SoA or ToB...

so why not create a mod that allows a dwarven character to romance Mazzy? Halflings and dwarves are pretty common... you could even add the possibility of turning mazzy evil or something, as with Anomen?

I'm wondering, because I like to play dwarven characters... and it leaves the game very narrow with no possibilties for added romance quests or interactions of the like.
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:11 AM   #2
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

try the 'all romances' mod. this allows any character (race, class, gender) to romance any (and all ?) romancable characters
Old 03-07-2004, 12:41 PM   #3
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think that mod is just that = romance with all *romancable* NPCs without restrictions; however, Mazzy isn't a romancable NPC.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
icelus
Manshoon

There was a Mazzy romance mod in the works here: http://www.dmrealms.net/board/ikonbo...ff;act=SF;f=23

but it seems to be languishing on the vine. Perhaps one day someone will take on a more valiant effort to produce it.
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #5
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

It's a good idea, but should be gnomes, dwarves, and halflings, not just dwarves. (Possibly Half-Orcs if they're of a good alignment? I don't see Mazzy caring about physical beauty...)

Anomen goes more neutral than evil. Mazzy going evil seems a bit far-fetched...considering she doesn't seem to have had a bad childhood (Where Anomen has, which is a factor in his actions)
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 03:35 AM   #6
Odruith
The Magister

Aye, Jerr

The idea was more, Mazzy going a bit more neutral, but not losing her morals.

The reason I brought this up is because, consider the all romances mod.

A dwarf + Jaheira or Viconia? I think not. The thought of it is just perplexing.

Thus, a mod, even a stand alone one like Sola or Valen would be cool as a romancable NPC for those chars. Dwarves and gnomes have few options in BG2, I mean...

Dwarves get fighter, thief and cleric I believe. While I could quite easily see the possibility of a dwarven Skald. Or some such.

I don't know why there is so little about some of the more interesting, mysterious races, such as dwarves, gnomes and haflinfs.. but it just seems that the game needs more options for these players.
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote