Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-23-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

De'Arnise Keep Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

A really easy but cheesy way to kill torgal is to cast cloudkill and thn run out the room. torgal makes save vs. death and should die straight away. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-24-2003, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 05-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Never tried it. But i do a cheapway as well all i do is lure the trolls in one by one and close the door behind them and kill them and even rest if i must.
Old 05-23-2003, 07:20 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Didnt the wand of cloudkill have a bug that made it ignore magic resistance (if any)?

I think this was fixed in either the latest patch or the baldurdash fixpack.

However, casting area affect spells and running away is just beating the game by exploiting poor AI of the bad guys. A little cheesy
Old 05-24-2003, 12:14 AM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
Didnt the wand of cloudkill have a bug that made it ignore magic resistance (if any)?

I think this was fixed in either the latest patch or the baldurdash fixpack.

However, casting area affect spells and running away is just beating the game by exploiting poor AI of the bad guys. A little cheesy
Yes and exploiting this bug is cheese or even cheating, especially with dragons, who can be easily killed with a cloudkill wand before the fix.
But as it was mentioned on another thread (Mind Flayer IIRC) before, it is not an exploit of the weak AI if you drop a bomb (area spell) into a room close the door and block it (imagine the blocking role-playing-wise). If you are caught in a room full of gas (stinking cloud or cloudkill) without an escape possibility, you can be as smart as you want it won't do you any good.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:17 AM   #5
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Well damn, I never got the shut-the-door trick to work on Torgal & Co. The trolls regenerate so quickly. I always have to do like 3 webs and 3 cloudkills at least, to kill him from distance.
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 04:56 AM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I alredy know this. Improved TorGal is a diffrent story
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote