Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-04-2000, 09:42 AM   #11
Huntress

"I think you are what I refer to as a "Casual RPG fan". Meaning, quite simply, you just fell into this genre without LEARNING it, and appreciating
it. This would explain your strange opinion of BG2. You never grew up playing the SSI Goldbox games on your C64, so you feel no connection
with those games...or, more then likely, you just couldn't handle the difficulty.
I liked Icewind Dale as well, ( http://www.cyberenet.net/~spvega/images/allstars.jpg ) but I prefer the game giving me "unique" party members,
rather then making my own. After all, anyone can roll up some cheesy 18/00 strength fighters with 18 dexterity and plow through the game..but
only a truly talented player can get Yoshimo, Mazzy, and Valygar through the game with their base statistics. I found Icewind Dale to be
WAAAAAAY too easy, and Belhifet was a total wuss. Heck, the two Iron Golems in his room were tougher then he was. Just cast Defensive
Harmony, Haste, and beat him into oblivion. Hmmm...Sounds like the strategy I used for Sarevok as well...gosh, who woulda thunk it?"

Hmmm, some god?

"God", if you'd be so kind as to answer this question.....who is "WERDNA"?

If you can answer that then you'll well know that I am by no means a casualr RPG'er. Lord strke that poor boy down.

BTW I did also enjoy BG1....it's 2 I don't like.

Have to agree with everything else you said.

Must admit I'm flameproof........so begone with you, you shoddy godlet.

Take a cue from Dionysus.......have a couple of drinks of wine and mellow out.

I hate to flame but jeez.....what a poltroon.

The Hutress

Old 10-04-2000, 10:36 AM   #12
Warlord

Hi,

I think WERDNA is the final boss of wizardry 1 !!!
But if u read WERDNA in a mirror u will see ANDREW , which is the name of one the Wizardry 1's programmer.

Old 10-04-2000, 11:31 AM   #13
Defender

Next you'll be telling me that Trebor is really Robert backwards...

I haven't bought W&W yet, mainly because I haven't had the time to play. By the time I do, hopefully a patch will be available. In the meantime, at least I can enjoy reading about all the bugs in the game.

I do want to say that OldFart needs to tone down the ole' EGO a bit. I didn't think it was possible that someone could actually be PROUD of the fact that they've been playing CRPGs for so long... as if that's somehow a mark of accomplishment. It's only a game after all. Then again, reading posts like his are more entertaining.

Old 10-04-2000, 02:42 PM   #14
Dragovon

As someone who's been playing RPGs for longer than I care to remember...none of the puzzles have been too hard. As for the game needing a patch, I wouldn't know as I've not had any problem yet...but then I'm only up to the Serpent temple. I must say that I'd like to know what gaming mag Oldfart works for because I found his opinion crass and him crude and judging from listening to him trash someone who he doesn't even know like that...I can definitely say opinions like his I don't need. So far there were only 2 things that even gave me pause to figure out.

Spoiler
Until it dawned on me to use the bauble stick on the crystal in the water...
and until it occured to me to push the button and jump off the elevator to get on top of the elevator...

That said...I suspect that the only things I've missed so far may be that I don't get some quests as I've already finished them before the places can give them to me because I already have a quest...ok...enough ranting...all I really wanted to say I already said so...