Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-20-2004, 12:40 PM   #11
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I wouldn't tell them if they undercharged either. In fact, it happens pretty often, and I don't volunteer the info.

I always check me receipt. If a mistake is made I don't get angry so long as I get my money back. Mistakes are made, just make it right.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:08 PM   #12
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
hmm, guess I'm a dork, because I let them know when they undercharge, or give me too much change...
Old 09-20-2004, 01:19 PM   #13
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well...I suppose your an honest dork at least [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2004, 04:11 PM   #14
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

I had a similar experience at my local Wal-Mart not long ago, Larry - although my situation wasn't nearly as extreme as yours.

We have a Super Wal-Mart with a Tire & Lube Center. I always take our two vehicles there to get the oil changed since I can have it done while I'm shopping. A few weeks ago I took my wife's van down early on a Saturday morning to beat the rush. While I was being "checked in" they asked if it was OK to check the wipers and air filter - emphasizing they wouldn't change them if they didn't need it. I agreed as I usually do and thought no more about it.

When they finished with the van, I went back to the department with the items I had picked up and paid for everything at one time. I was bit surprised at the total, but since I had gotten several other things I thought I must have just bought more stuff than I thought. But when I got home and looked over the bill, I saw that they had - indeed - changed all 3 wipers on the van (two in front and one on the back window).

The thing is that I had JUST REPLACED THE BACK WINDOW WIPER about 6 weeks before that - because the wiper had become completely shredded. So I KNOW that the BACK wiper DID NOT need to be changed. I was none too happy about it, but it was only about $12 extra so I didn't do anything about (although I did consider sending a Letter to the Editor of our little hometown newspaper to generate a LOT of bad publicity for them).

Thanks to your story, though, I am going to take my receipt back and explain the situation to them. I know the Store Manager and the Department Supervisor personally. I have a feeling they will be glad I chose NOT to embarass them publicly and will be more than happy to make it up to me.

A couple of years ago, I had taken MY car down for an oil change and they stripped my oil plug when they put it back in. Two days after the oil change, my oil light came on and I had NO OIL in the engine!!!!!

They not only changed my oil for free again, but also gave me a handwritten coupon for a SECOND free oil change because of the error.