Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 06:40 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Killer, over the past few weeks I have posted you numerous requests, pleas and entreaties to stop regularly spamming in the BG2 Bar thread (as well as other threads). Other forum members have also asked you to stop spamming on that thread. I have received complaints from a number of people about your spamming.

You may think this is all a big joke, but it isn't. I draw your attention to the following posts made by you:

Quote:
i love spam!(sorry i am late)
Quote:
ahhh i will spam youlaternow i have to get backto the bar
Quote:
what do you mean outside the topicke? lets say i have to get out more of you i now where you live

All posted AFTER I have given you numerous warnings (in some cases you have posted spam IMMEDIATELY after the warnings!). I have also had to edit out some of your more extreme forms of spam which elongated the forum pages.

I am no longer asking you, I am TELLING you that all this ends RIGHT NOW. Constant and regular spamming is a violation of our Terms of Service. I am no longer going to give you warnings, failure to stop spamming will result in you and your IP subnet being banned.

I'm sorry that it's come to this, I hate being a hardass, but I refuse to keep repeating myself.

I await your reply here that you will stop spamming.

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 10:03 AM   #2
Lord Shield

BUMPing fo rkiller. Come on, mate, you don't really want to be deleted do you? A joke's a joke, but this is serious now

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-23-2001, 10:56 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Unfortunately Killer's IP and IP subnet have been banned after his post in the BG1 forum. Certainly not something we enjoy doing, but Ironworks has guidelines that must be respected to protect everyone here.

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 11:02 AM   #4
Gimlee
Elminster

What does spam mean?

------------------

See the ravaging effects of smoke!
Old 05-23-2001, 11:15 AM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

any useless post. made simply for the sake of posting
any post that is completely off topic from the discussion going on
in that thread

------------------

Lord of the Screen Shot
Get My IronWorks Winamp skin
Old 05-23-2001, 11:18 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimlee:
What does spam mean?

Is this a trick question?

Here's the FOLDOC definition for you.

spam
1. (From the Monty Python "Spam" song) To post irrelevant or inappropriate messages to one or more Usenet newsgroups or mailing lists in deliberate or accidental violation of netiquette.

JUST FOR THE RECORD: Killer wasn't banned for his spamming, though that did contribute to it. It was for posting a deliberate and malicious unmarked spoiler in the BG1 forum. Doing THAT will get you banned immediately, no questions asked.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old 05-23-2001, 11:28 AM   #7
Donut
Jack Burton

Memnoch - your 'ATTN:please read' threads are the Ironworks equivalent of being 'summoned to Rome' by Caligula or having your homework marked 'SEE ME' by the headmaster.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-23-2001, 11:31 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Memnoch - your 'ATTN:please read' threads are the Ironworks equivalent of being 'summoned to Rome' by Caligula or having your homework marked 'SEE ME' by the headmaster.

REALLY? I'm not that scary, am I?

On a more serious note, I hate having to do it - but I will if I have to.

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 11:48 AM   #9
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

They had to be. Mnemoch gave Killer LOADS of warnings/polite requests and he followed each one with 2 or 3 spams immediately after

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-23-2001, 12:21 PM   #10
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spot on. He had been warned far more then he needed to be. The spam was bad. You did a good job, Memnoch. At least you didn't put this one's eye out doing it ... You hate to have to do it, but we do have to keep the integrity of the forum as a fun place to be at optimal levels. This is the by-product of it. You did the right thing.

Later

BK