Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

I'm at the second level of undermountain, I'm at the spot where the drow are chasing a kobold (?) and the he runs into a room and closes the door. I have all the chains put into the pedestals...what now? I did the color thing with the lights and fought the red wyrmling or whatever it was (several times actually). As far as I'm concerned I've already explored this entire area with no luck of continuing on.

Another Q, how can i get more XP? I'm only getting 60 and 48 XP per kill (which is no small wonder), is there a way to turn that up? Will there eventually be stronger monsters that give more XP?

-thanx!

[ 12-11-2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 12-11-2003, 11:35 PM   #2
The Kiwi
The Magister

SPOILER
You asked
About the colored pedestals and chains.
There is an answer
It's below.
But you didn'y include the word
"Spoiler"
in your subject title.
So anyone
who doesn't want
to be spoiled
Should stop reading my answer before they scroll down this far.
Watch the colors of the pool after you click on it. The four colors will cycle through six flares each time you click on the pool. Write them down. Pull the chains in the same order. Observe that with only four, there are going to be a lot of combinations that repeat the same color two or more times in a row.

[ 12-11-2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 09:22 AM   #3
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

I do the whole color thing and all that happens is a red wyrmling pops up and i kill it. The door doesn't open...
Old 12-12-2003, 03:55 PM   #4
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Malavon's Rage:
I do the whole color thing and all that happens is a red wyrmling pops up and i kill it. The door doesn't open...
Neither of my parties is ready to cross through that door. I haven't finished clearing L2. What I reported is from reading spoilers at BioWare's Spoiler Forum (offline today for a move). Six color changes. Not clearly seen from the camera angle over the character's shoulder. If you are not color blind, and wrote it all down carefully, you wait until all six color dots in the spot hanging in the air above the pool all cycle through their flare-ups, then begin pulling chains.

You get a "Ching" confirmation from each correct one. When you are wrong, it's going to change to a new sequence that you will have to take more care with.

(Edited in, a few hours later: I've gone through that door now. I swooped all though L2 making sure I'd done it all, found nothing new, then when I tried ringing the doorbell chains, missed the color sequence once myself. I think I mixed up the yellow and the green.

L3 is awfully small, isn't it? And I'm wondering what it was I missed seeing about the one somewhat big battle there -- it went bad on me twice already.)

[ 12-13-2003, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #5
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Ok, I'm through, thanx