Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #1
breadbin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have been playing Baldurs Gate in Linux, I stopped playing it ages ago when I was in the city Baldurs Gate and I used to use Windows. I started playing it with Wine and I got it working perfectly except for the poxy X cursor. Is there a way to get rid of it temporarily while I play BG. It is more annoying than anything else. Thanks

[ 08-10-2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: breadbin ]
Old 08-10-2003, 05:39 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

www.winehq.org is the place to look for this kind of information, if you ever run into anything like this in the future. And bear in mind that WINE is not windows, you will almost inevitably have problems of one form or other.

For baldurs gate, the two reported difficulties are that the movies can cause crashes, this seems to be fixed in newer versions, either that or it depends on your graphics card.

The other problem is flickering of icons and mouse cursors - this is fixed by going into the config program and turning the software BLT options on.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Should I assume that wine stands for windows emulator?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 05:05 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

WINE = Wine Is Not an Emulator

Its an API for Linux that mimics win32 API and DirectX API well enough that true win32 applications can run under linux, although its far from perfect.