Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2001, 12:16 PM   #41
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Is there any way this could be made a 'permission only' function? Like it is switched off normally, but if you ask a Mod you can change it - at the Mod's discretion? Or would this be too complicated to do individually?

Gee, thanks, F - so we can spend all our time changing people's names for them?

Only kidding [img]smile.gif[/img] like I said, let's trust people to do the right thing. Sometimes people might name themselves something that they end up disliking, or they may rename themselves to get a "fresh start". Let's trust them to do the right thing and not make frivolous or malicious name changes.

Old 11-03-2001, 12:24 PM   #42
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Moni, have you ever tried to remember 4000+ member numbers? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It would go something like this:

"Hey, #1247, you're easy to remember - first the number 12, multiply that by 4 (numbers in your member number), equals 48, less 1, makes 47, so you're #1247.

Oy! You saying I'm easy to remember, i.e. unremarkable? I'll have none of that Memsy-boy!
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-03-2001, 12:28 PM   #43
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Oy! You saying I'm easy to remember, i.e. unremarkable? I'll have none of that Memsy-boy!

Of the many words that have been used to describe Uncle Vask (many unprintable), unremarkable is certainly not one of them.

How's that for a compliment? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2001, 12:29 PM   #44
Moni

quote:

Maybe I can use numerology to find out who the potential troublemakers are. If the sum of your numbers end in an odd number...beware!!

ROFLOL!
Uh, Hey!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2001, 12:34 PM   #45
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:

Of the many words that have been used to describe Uncle Vask (many unprintable), unremarkable is certainly not one of them.

How's that for a compliment? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Unprintable?? Hmmmmmmm. I'm intrigued...what could possible be unprintable that can be used to describe me? At the moment I can only think of bad things....but I wouldn't suspect uncle Memsy of thinking bad things about his friends
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-03-2001, 01:09 PM   #46
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I say we see how it runs first and then make the final call later. Given some of the past behavior on this board (clears his throat loudly) I can definitely tell where some abuses might potentially come in here on name changing, and it would be extremely difficult to determine who is who.

As for impersonating a mod, that's impossible, since the rank "Moderator" is clearly displayed under the member name. So if any of you see "Ziroc" or "Ertai_OHF" or "Sazerac" or "Memnoch" or "Cocoaspud" or "Wyvern" posting WITHOUT that Moderator title under their name, report it IMMEDIATELY.

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt and let's see if this feature may be used responsibly. It's been my experience that if you treat people like troublemakers, they'll act like it.

I do side with Mems, though, on it being a difficulty in remembering who is who. So maybe a "changing name" thread that can be bumped up from time to time with the names of all members who have made a change can be done, so we can better keep track of it.

It will be Ziroc's call in the long run, anyway. My recommendation is that we wait, and watch, and see what happens.

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 11-03-2001, 01:44 PM   #47
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well I am a newbie! Hi! I am this guy who cheated and got 2000+ posts on my first one... hehehehe

I wouldn't change my sig so peeps will still know it's me...

BUT if Ziroc ever removes this feature PLEASE do tell me... I would cry having my name this long and silly! [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT Omigosh... heehee cute! its soo loong!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2001, 01:49 PM   #48
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Vote. Kaz or Kazara? Should I change?
Old 11-03-2001, 01:49 PM   #49
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

As for impersonating a mod, that's impossible, since the rank "Moderator" is clearly displayed under the member name. So if any of you see "Ziroc" or "Ertai_OHF" or "Sazerac" or "Memnoch" or "Cocoaspud" or "Wyvern" posting WITHOUT that Moderator title under their name, report it IMMEDIATELY.

And God help them!

Old 11-03-2001, 01:50 PM   #50
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Vote. Kaz or Kazara? Should I change?

I vote Kaz, but it's up to you.