Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2001, 10:23 AM   #21
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Don't rely on Buff spells. They always seem to fail when you need them the most.
Don't rely on super items. They always seem not to work when you need them most.
Don't rely on fire support. It's never on time, especially when you need it most.
and Don't rely on skill either..being cocksure will get you in trouble when the above fail.
Don't you just hate it when you spend several moments buffing your characters with every imaginable buff spell and the first thing your enemy casts is a dispel magic..
And when that party up ahead is just another quick kill, the first thing they cast is something you could have avoided with a few buff spells.

------------------
Why?
Old 03-29-2001, 10:27 AM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

i always buff in the middle of combat
Old 03-29-2001, 01:20 PM   #23
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Or taunt.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-29-2001, 07:58 PM   #24
Chaos Weapon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

An army that plans for victory compared to an army that forsees defeat is like a ton compare to an ounce. (Sun-Tzu: The Art of War)
Old 04-05-2001, 02:17 PM   #25
Aurum
Manshoon

Hey, isn't truth, my cavalier can defeat to almost anybody.

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 04-05-2001, 02:29 PM   #26
Tancred
White Dragon

Scout. Always scout ahead. NEVER run in blindly. If you think you know what you're up against, you can prepare the weaponry you need to defeat it; clubs for Golems, specific protections vs. specific foes, or even running away lots. To quote, again, the Art of War:

'Know the other and know yourself,
One hundred challenges without danger.
Know not the other and yet know yourself,
One triumph for one defeat.
Know not the other and know not yourself,
Every challenge is certain peril."

Never fight where you're supposed to. Tactical fallbacks can allow you to choose where the fight takes place; Careful planning can allow you to lead your opponent into a trap - a narrow corridor, a trap set by a thief, a crossfire. Once you know where the enemy are, figure out where you want them to be. If the enemy have a strong defence, force them to abandon it by retreating, area of effect spells, etc. Again, by Sun Tzu:

"Those who occupy the place of conflict early
Can face their opponent in comfort.
Those who occupy the place of conflict late
Must hasten into combat troubled."

See? This is what comes of a classical education, folks.

Tancred

Now, is it the blue or the brown wire to Earth the plug? (BZZZZZZZZZZZZT!)
Old 04-05-2001, 06:59 PM   #27
Lord Shield

And use LOTS AND LOTS of disabling area-effect MAGIC! BWA HA HA HA! Stinking Cloud and Web and Entangle followed by Cloudkill and Abanzzer's Giant Fart
[img]http://www.tgeweb.com/images/forum/icons/fart.gif

Old 04-05-2001, 07:02 PM   #28
Tancred
White Dragon

One of the stories from '1001 Arabian Nights' is about a fart. I wish I could remember what it was...

Tancred

'And being so bloated with meat and wine, he did give out a loud and foul-smelling fart.'
- Scherezadhe
Old 04-05-2001, 11:13 PM   #29
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

After many long hours of playing, I've discovered a strategy that works best for me: (1)point cursor at bad guy (2) click (3) reload when he stomps me. (4) repeat until otherwise.

You can tell I'm good friends with the CLUA Console
Old 04-06-2001, 05:28 AM   #30
Sir_Tainly

In the words of Sun Tzu, You must make your Extraordinary troops seem ordinary, and your ordinary ones seem Extraordinary

Sorry don't know the quote verbatim

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123