Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #21
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*watches Ragash heading off...*

Ya know, I don't think he realizes how friendly we are around these parts. I mean, we've got a Best Tips and Tech Tips thread that covers just about everything, a handful of stories (Missy, Stackman, Radek) that cover the game, and a Bar or six to drink up and enjoy.

Well, he'll be back when he heads north east of Valeia and gets stuck in a certain entrance hall... unless he's already been pokin' around.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 09:55 AM   #22
Ragash
The Magister

*pokes head back around the corner*

What entrance hall? Where? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Just thought I'd give you a little update on my progress. Here's my party!

Shazar - Whiskah Warrior (swords)
Dragor - Dwarf Warrior (axes)
Barlone - Ratling Rogue (daggers)
Gaeia - Pixie Priest
Olif - Omphaz Wizard
Gruk - Gourk Warrior (polearms)

I felt it was a fairly balanced party, especially since I made them all specialize in different weapons. That way I'll know which ones are good after my FIRST run through the game so I can adapt my second party better to the different items and such I find.

Party creation took a while, not only because of all the skill and race choices etc, but I also noticed that the bonus points attributed to every char is random. So once I'd decided on what I wanted, I'd create the char over and over again until I got a good attribute roll. I also noticed that after deleting a good 50 or so chars, I had a lot of money on my main character. I figured out what had happened and then pretended not to notice. I joined a few guilds and checked out the different role ascension thingies and realized that I probably should have distributed the attribute points a bit better. Thinking ahead and all that. Some chars where ridiculously short of ascending to a new role. I think (if I remember correctly) that the attribute requirements for every role is printed in the manual. I'm very sure that the different roles are explained in there at least, but I can't find the damn thing.

Anyway, that's how it looks at the moment. My party is currently searching the crypt in the cemetery a ways off Valeia. Is that good or should I go somewhere else first? There are some chests my rogue can't open with 2 in traps & locks. Maybe I should level a bit first or something.

Also, that lizardy guy I meet outside of Valeia, what should I tell him? Yes, no or buzzzzz off? [img]tongue.gif[/img] At first he seems sort of friendly, but after I tell him "Yes" he says "Don't tell Gareth I'm coming, I want it to be a... ssurprisse" which is sort of ominous..

Not only are my questions/updates noobish, they're long-winded too! Bwaha, fear me [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Found the damn manual! Hah! I think I need a new party, there are some things in the manual that I didn't take into account when creating it.

[ 03-29-2004, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Ragash ]
Ragash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:48 AM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Good on ya! If you're in the crypt, you've already passed the first and hardest challenge in the Gael Serran... finding the doorknob, so to speak [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best Tips has the optimum attributes for ease of promotion. Basically, everything should be 10 except Fortitude, where you need a 12. Be there, and you can become any class.

About the rerolling... Radek has pointed out (ever so well) that you need to look at total points, not just bonus points. A total point roll of... over 75, I think, is a good one. Or perhaps over 80. Whether that comes as 70 base points and 5 additional or 40 base points and 35 additional doesn't really matter much.

As for your weapons, I think Shazar will be happiest with the weapon selection to be found in the Gael Serran. The rest will simply put up with what they have... and more than that, I will not spoil (at least for now).

And regarding the traveller, it doesn't really matter what you say. The outcome will be the same... even if, in a later adventure, you kill him. Ask the guy at the town hall in Valeia for any news, and you'll see what I mean.

Now go out there and kill something [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 03-29-2004, 01:50 PM   #24
Ragash
The Magister

Actually, I accidentally clicked the "doorknob", so I won't accredit my detective skills for that one [img]smile.gif[/img]

I killed the mummy in the crypt, then I was stuck for 20 minutes or so when I couldn't find the way out. Not really a user friendly puzzle with the elevator either [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I noticed that the dungeon seems to go on beyond the grates under the water. The windows behind the cryptkeeper reveal flooded passages, is that eyecandy or is the dungeon larger?
Ragash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:34 PM   #25
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

If you had talked to Rethpian more, or perhaps given him the rat pie from Bilbump, he would have told you the secret of the mummy's tomb. Hey, that sounds like a good movie title [img]smile.gif[/img]

There is more beyond there. You'll be there soon enough. Just hold your breath....
-+-+-+