Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #1
Gherbod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Irenicus MIA (possible spoilers)

I got to spellgold and no one was there *cough* (Irenicus) *cough* to meet me at the door. Anyone seen this bug before?

I first had this problem a few days ago when all I had installed was ToB, the Bioware patch and the gibberlings 3 "BG Fixpack". I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the game (and these mods) and worked my way back to spellhold from an earlier saved game. Mr I is still MIA.

Any help is very much appreciated.

- Gherbod
Gherbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 PM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Default Re: Irenicus MIA (possible spoilers)

Which path did you take? If you went there under the guise of being "Insane," walk around, talk to the inmates, and rest when you're done. Irenicus should appear with a "I knew you'd feel at home here" speech.

If you did it the other way, then he should guide you through the asylum, and then show his true self.

Good Hunting!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #3
Gherbod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I used the wardstone. I can enter spellhold and walk around the first main room but the doors are locked such that they can not be opened by any means and Mr I doesn't show up even after resting. It isn't that I don't know what to do or where to go... game is definately broken/bugged.

- Gherbod

P.S. Can't go back to Brynnlaw either... there is a spell on the bridge... kills you automatically (no save, no nothing!) if you get within range.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Odd. Since you took the wardstone, the "Proprietor" should show up, a guy with Irenicus' voice, and the sprite of a Cowled Wizard, to give you a tour. Odd.

I would then recomend trying to get in teh other way, if you haven't, by reloading. Just talk to the Pirate King and convince him you're crazy.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
Gherbod
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay I'll try going in another way. Alternatively I will uninstall everything and reinstall without any mods or patches. I have played SoA before and not had this problem. Must be something in the patch or mods.

- Gherbod
Old 10-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Well I hope everything works out in the end. Though, I must say, this happening is well, curious, and not mentioned at all in the Fixpack readme under "Bugs" or even in the forum... Odd.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Maybe you go and rescue Imoen and bust out of there...

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote