Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

MONTREAL — Metallica are taking legal action against independant Canadian rock band Unfaith over what they feel is unsanctioned usage of two chords the band has been using since 1982 : E and F.

http://www1.scoopthis.com/411/met_uf/stc_met_uf_mtv.htm

ROTFLMAO [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

C
Old 07-18-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

They have a point as those are the only two chords Metallica uses. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-18-2003, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 07-18-2003, 10:48 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

ROTFL, what a load of...... Er anyway, they've completely lost it now. Those tons of bands who ever used those two chords better form an orderly line....

BTW, I listened to some samples of the band in question. Found one that has the chords, yes, but Metallica is insane if they think they can sue over that. It sounded nothing like Metallica. In their own words, "it would be ridiculous" if they claimed to have the rights to the E and F chords, but they DO claim to have the rights to the E and F chords used in succession. Grow up and get real. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] What had me in stitches most of all was this statement off Metallica's official website though:
"We are fighting this fight for our fans, who don't deserve to be subjected to this confusion... just as we appreciate their support through this." PUH-lease! [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Rokenn - [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 07-18-2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 07-18-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Light Bulb

Very, Very sad. Stupid. Ridiculous. Here is my email to them:

Metallica,
You were my favorite band a while back. You have grown very delusional, sick and greedy in old age it seems. No wonder Jason left. You, Metallica really suck now. I hate you now Metallica, I spit on you.

unsincerely,
A former fan who owns all your albums up too "And Justice For All"
Old 07-18-2003, 11:06 AM   #5
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Very, Very sad. Stupid. Ridiculous. Here is my email to them:

Metallica,
You were my favorite band a while back. You have grown very delusional, sick and greedy in old age it seems. No wonder Jason left. You, Metallica really suck now. I hate you now Metallica, I spit on you.

unsincerely,
A former fan who owns all your albums up too "And Justice For All"
Here here. Sign my name to that too. I was a huge fan of theirs for years, when listening to them and the like were uncool. I even studied under one of the guys who recorded their first album (which was done up here in Rochester, NY), but now, I change the station when their new stuff comes on. They've gotten too into their own hype. Hope they lose so I can laugh hysterically.
There was an internet cartoon somewhere making fun of them getting big headed that I saw years ago, can't find it though.

edit: I didn't know Jason left, makes sense though since he joined because he was such a big fan.

[ 07-18-2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 07-18-2003, 11:45 AM   #6
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

It's satire.

Check the link to their "homepage" or scroll down to the bottom of the page.

"Because if it's on the net, it's got to be true" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

C
Old 07-18-2003, 12:07 PM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by HammerHead:
It's satire.

Check the link to their "homepage" or scroll down to the bottom of the page.

"Because if it's on the net, it's got to be true" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

C
Whew, good thing I didn't send that email yet. I was going to add some more scathing words.

*reminds himself to look very closely at everything posted on the internet as news even if it look exactly like MTV's or Metallica's site.*

Edit- as a joke it is pretty freakin funny, not as funny as the fact I took it seriously though. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-18-2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 07-18-2003, 12:20 PM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've seen this satire, it's been done to death on some places, threads full of infuriated people.

The sad things isn't that people fall for it, it's that nowadays, suits this ridiculous are commonplace enough for it to fool some.

[ 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 07-18-2003, 01:08 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Oops. I checked the link to Metallica's official site, and read a bit there, and that's when I assumed it must be true. I didn't check the web address of the site though. [img]redface.gif[/img] Plus, people only believe it because it might as well have happened for real. I wouldn't put it past them anyway
Old 07-18-2003, 01:20 PM   #10
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

I can see the reasons why they wanted to fight against music piracy, but this is just too darn petty.

They might still be good musicians, but someone in that band seems to be loosing it big time.