Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 08:37 PM   #31
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Originaly poseted by:sir michael
Quote:
What a wimpy kind of Satanism! I want the kind where I bargain with the big, fiery, red guy, give him my soul, and get POWER and WEALTH! Yeah, baby!
Why didnt you say so !! Thats easy,All you need to do is draw a pentagram in your own blood that has at least a 10ft diameter. Then light a black candle. Next get a sheet of paper and write this in some more of your blood

I the undersighned to solemly swear my eternal soul to Lucifer the prince of hell and lord of all damnation in return for granting me power/fame/money/chicks/ect... For the rest of my natural life

then sighn your name in some more blood. Now get in the center of the pentagram with the lit candle and put the contract into the candle flame.THis should open the gates of hell and summon Lucifer to come and grant your wish and take your soul.If you need proof that this works just look at David Hassllhoff,Jerry Seinfeld,Pamela Anderson and Briteny Spears. PROOF that with the help of SATAN even talentless hacks can become rich and famouse
Old 05-15-2002, 11:38 PM   #32
Azred
Drow Priestess

@Cerek: you know what is really strange? Now that I haven't been religious/practiced any faith in about 15 years and have done quite a bit of reading on many topics, I am now at the point where I would be more faithful or dedicated to a religion, should I join one. (I'm weird that way, I guess.)

@SirMichael: please sign here--oh, we use blood instead of ink because it is...more permanent. ok. sign here...and here...and here--hey! don't read that! ...and sign here. that's it; we're done. thank you, we'll be in touch. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:35 AM   #33
Moni

Well I have an older brother who is a true Satanist and he makes animal sacrifices, has his pentagram and performs seances, etc.
He worships Satan and loves all the hate that goes with it.
His house is full of very bad, very scary vibes.
His friends' eyes look as if they possess no souls and they are a scary bunch...no one that I would want to meet up with on a well lit street, much less in a dark alley.
I grew up with a lot of people who got into it and was around to see a few of them die violent deaths. The rest of them are still out there, living in other parts of the country, recruiting young impressionable people into their way of life.
I was even openly invited to a Satanic "Festival" by a (scary) man in Tucson when I accompanied my sister to a witchcraft shop. I told him he would probably be wanting to talk to my sister instead of me as I stifled back a giggle but he would have nothing to do with her (and I can't blame him lol).

Anyway, Satanism in its true form is still practiced widely here in the U.S. so don't go fooling yourself into believing it isn't widespread or popular. Anything calling itself "Satanism" that doesn't go full force into demonic worship is as false a religion as you can get.

[ 05-16-2002, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 05-16-2002, 04:03 AM   #34
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Well I have an older brother who is a true Satanist and he makes animal sacrifices, has his pentagram and performs seances, etc.

Anyway, Satanism in its true form is still practiced widely here in the U.S. so don't go fooling yourself into believing it isn't widespread or popular. Anything calling itself "Satanism" that doesn't go full force into demonic worship is as false a religion as you can get.
Moni did you even bother reading the link? What you are describing is Gothic Satanism and in its true form not just dabbling it is very rare, most of the "dabblers" in Gothic Satanism are kids who are looking for something to make them feel like they belong.
To say that Gothic Satanism is Satanisms true form is ignorant and short sighted. In fact the Church of Satan is the most widespread version of Satanism in America and follows Religious Satanism not Gothic.
Gothic Satanism was a creation of a mythos spread as propoganda by the Christian church to plaster a moral acceptance of the witch burnings.
"Anything calling itself "Satanism" that doesn't go full force into demonic worship is as false a religion as you can get."
Again I suggest you read up on this in the link I provided, Satanism is not about demon worship or sacrifices, only the sect of Gothic Satanism does that and it is the least widespread. Satanism is not about worship of a god/devil but worship of yourself, to satisfy your desires and live your life to fulfillment.
I provided this link to exactly try and show people that these views like you hold are very uninformed, just because these people hold to the name "Satanism" society condemns them for it.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:17 AM   #35
Melle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cerek:
::First, Christians are admonished to have nothing whatsoever to do with witches, mediums, warlocks, diviners, or other persons who tap into supernatural forces to gain knowledge and/or power.

That, of course, requires belief in magic. At least where I come from, not very many christians are worried about witches and such. At least not if you don't count the sect-ish people.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:24 AM   #36
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Melle:
Cerek:
::First, Christians are admonished to have nothing whatsoever to do with witches, mediums, warlocks, diviners, or other persons who tap into supernatural forces to gain knowledge and/or power.

That, of course, requires belief in magic.
Not necessarily - it could also be taken to mean people who POSE as magicusers. The reason then why Christians would be told to stay away from them would have more to do with their beliefs than with their powers.

Cerek - just wanted to say my hat's off to you - Your reasonableness and calmth are admirable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with Azure that most of the "satanism" as practised these days has nothing to do with the devil-worshipping (to quote one of their own cliches: we don't believe in God so why would we believe in another Christian invention), baby-murdering, animal-sacrificing lunatics we often hear about. I do think it's a quite egocentrical and even egoistical cultus for the most part, but hey, that's their choice. I've read some of Anton Szandor LaVey's works (the founder of the official Church of Satan) but found most of it amateurish psychobabble of the worst kind. He had some cute ideas, but his justification of those ideas were laughable.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:58 AM   #37
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

I have no right to judge other people's religions becuase I don't even have my own religion to look up to. I don't like religion.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Old 05-16-2002, 11:23 AM   #38
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Cerek - just wanted to say my hat's off to you - Your reasonableness and calmth are admirable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[/QB]
Mel, dear, you've just coined a word that I am going to use: 'calmth' is an excellent representation of the open-minded and reasonable attitude that Cerek shows when discussing religion. That's what is needed in a true dialogue, the ability to listen to and respect anothers viewpoint.
FWIW, I've read LaVeys stuff and found it rather fluffy. It's a pretty good example of mid-'70s pop-psych in America, but it doesn't hold much weight in any kind of rigorous debate. Reminded me a lot of L. Ron Hubbards stuff.

Old 05-16-2002, 11:34 AM   #39
Neb
Account deleted by Request

L. Ron Hubbard? Isn't that that Scientology person? The founder or something?
Old 05-16-2002, 11:35 AM   #40
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Mel, dear, you've just coined a word that I am going to use: 'calmth' is an excellent representation of the open-minded and reasonable attitude that Cerek shows when discussing religion. That's what is needed in a true dialogue, the ability to listen to and respect anothers viewpoint.
FWIW, I've read LaVeys stuff and found it rather fluffy. It's a pretty good example of mid-'70s pop-psych in America, but it doesn't hold much weight in any kind of rigorous debate. Reminded me a lot of L. Ron Hubbards stuff.[/QB][/QUOTE]LOL - I was just thinking about my post in this thread, wondering if reasonableness was a real word and if not, what would be a better alternative. Guess I could have left it out altogether, as calmth really does describe Cerek's attitude in threads like these quite well (if I say so myself )
And you're right about LaVey - I haven't even bothered with Hubbard, but fluff's probably a good word for that, too!