Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 12:35 PM   #1
Smurfan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello!

I´ve read through a lot of notes here regarding killing/not killing a lot of the key-NPC's in the game and so far I've realized I screwed the possibility to become an assasin since I killed Scanthril. (He sent me in a trap - The boogre prison - instead of giving me my reward so I got pissed...;P)

Now I wonder if anyone knows how it affects the game if any of the following NPC: Oakenmir, The Stout King, Kerah, Anephas, De'Soto and Erathsmedor?

Also, there's a lizard priest asking som question just outside Valeia in the beginnign of the game. I read somewhere that the answer you give affacts the game later on. Does anyone know how?

Regards
Smurfan - Evil Warlock

------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The manual said the program required Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux$
Smurfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 02:01 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Smurfan!!!

Unfortunately (in my own opinion) this game lets you pretty much kill everyone without serious consequences. This really doesn't fit with the oath you swear back in Nivius' tomb and while it looks as though the designers may have originally intended for there to be consequences for such actions they were not implimented in the released version.

Now - as for the Assassin's Dagger - if you have a save prior to offing Scanthril you need only ask him about another "job" to finish up the assassin's quest and get the dagger. If you do not have a save from before this point, it is still possible to get an assassin's dagger - email me.

D'Soto is already dead so you can do nothing to him. As for the others you listed it really depends on where you are in the game. If they play a part later in the game I don't think the game will let you kill them. I could be wrong on that since I never tried to kill the "good guys".
There is no significant answer to give the lizard priest outside of Valiea. He asks you about Gareth and tells you not to mention that he is looking for him. Gareth is going to end up dead regardless of what you do.

Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 04:57 PM   #3
Smurfan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi and thank you for a quick answer!

Well, my thought was that it woulddn't really matter. I went on a killing spree to gain some xp earlier today and the thought occurred to me that I might not kill som of those guys. But I havn't suffered any consequences so far, so I guess I doesn't really matter, as long as I've finished off the quests they´re
involved with.

I'm doing the city of Collaseum right now and I can't get any more quests from the guilds so I guess I´m not messing up too much for myself.

About the assasin thing, no saved games before that. Would appreciate help so e-mail on its way

Thanks again!

//Smurfan - Evil Warlock

------------------
The manual said the program required Windows 95 or better, so I installed Linux
Smurfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:15 AM   #4
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

HE EVEN END UP DEAD IF YOU KILL HIM? thatswhat I did and I didn't know he was dead

------------------
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote