Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-12-2002, 02:18 PM   #1
bandaddy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So if I do a profession change - does my character now level up according to the new profession? That is, I go from a Valk to a Alc (looooong story) do they now level up on the scale of Alc or continue on the Valk scale?

For some reason, when I started my second go around, my 6th (and "extra" char.) I created a Valk even knowing that Vi would be there for the most of it. Tsk tsk. I really needed the Alc to being with...ARGH

-B
bandaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:08 PM   #2
Viscer Spineshank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You would have a global level of 7 (exp required for level one more level would be what you would need for 8) but your Alc level is level one (for spell casting purposes etc) You can no longer advance in the skills that are unique to your previous class nor do you get any of the special skill bonuses of your previous class. You also are unable to use/wear equipment your previous class could wear.

In your case....if you went from a Valk to a Alc....the benefit would be, increased hp's for your alc, if you worked some specialty magic skills up (fire, water, earth etc) then these skills are used toward your new Alc realm spells.

In your case.....I personally would never had made that class switch...and if you're only level 6, I would consider starting over if its that important for you not to have 2 valks in the party (if you wish to keep Vi)
Viscer Spineshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:15 PM   #3
bandaddy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was going to start over but I have started this game over 8 times and finished it once. I was done with Arnika when it hit me that I really didn't balance as well as I thought. I have a Fighter, Monk, Bard, Priest and Gadgeteer but then didn't think when making the 6th character.

Groan! What short sightedness. And after some much other carfeul thought. I really like my new characters, great personalities and fun to watch them "grow" in skills. I just hate the idea of starting over yet again. Anyway, I will play on and see what develops.

-Thanks,
B
bandaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:40 PM   #4
Rhea
Drow Warrior

I certainly identify with the agonizing over character creation & class changes. I can't tell you how many times I've restarted.

I finally ended up with:
Lizzie Fighter
Felpurr Ranger
Mook Bard
Hobbit Gadgeteer
Faerie Mage/Bishop
Rawulf Priest/Bishop

I'd probably skip the Gadgeteer next time in favor of a fighter who can use magic like a ninja or a samurai (or maybe a rogue..or maybe...), but I hadn't played with a Gadgeteer before and wanted to try one.

[ 03-12-2002: Message edited by: Rhea ]

Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote