Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Neverwinter

I'm currently on Mindflayer, but only have the test driver character right now.

The toolset seems to be a loaded issue right now, or, rather, some of the modules were. People made mods that let others level to cap in a couple of hours, which, has the community divided, since some believe that it's ok to get to cap that fast, others don't care, and others see it as an exploit. PW/Cryptic came down on the side of exploit, and some bans were issued, and the Foundry stuff that didn't get removed got nerfed, at least according to the community. I've only played one module so far, for the daily, so not a lot of experience with it yet.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Which server are you on? I've only got about 8 hours in on the toon I made, and it's already almost 18, and I spent more time looking around than actually doing anything.
We're on Dragon. The servers are eventually slated to merge into one (and we have people, unfortunately, on a different one, too) but we formed up on Dragon.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet FalconDance View Post
We're on Dragon. The servers are eventually slated to merge into one (and we have people, unfortunately, on a different one, too) but we formed up on Dragon.
I'll roll up something over there this afternoon, prob another TR, and I'll call her Mebrinde Kelven since it goes with my handle: @MebrindeIW.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I got the BG thing too, and I'm going to have to get a magnifying glass to see what's going on, it was never meant to run at higher resolutions, and everything is tiny. /cry
Try editing the Baldur.ini file

look for the windows "h" and windows "w" parameters and reset them

'Window', 'w', '1280',
'Window', 'h', '1024',

Garnet. does Neverwinter strike you as a "Pay to win" game.
I mean 199.99$ for something called the founder pack? Srsly?

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Foehammer View Post
Garnet. does Neverwinter strike you as a "Pay to win" game.
I mean 199.99$ for something called the founder pack? Srsly?
No. The $200 pack gives you all kinds of *stuff* which, while nice, really doesn't 'win' the game for you. Same with the $60 plan. They got you a head-start period to go in and play before the rest of the players (probably the only thing that might have tempted me, seriously).

I'm on the free-to-play plan , and I can tell you honestly that I have access to everything. *IF* I want to purchase zen (with real money) to spend on special stuff, that is obviously my choice, but it is *not* necessary to play the game and enjoy myself. And, unlike many of the recent f2p models, this one is not limited or restricted; you can join/make a guild, use the bank, chat functions, etc.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet FalconDance View Post
No. The $200 pack gives you all kinds of *stuff* which, while nice, really doesn't 'win' the game for you. Same with the $60 plan. They got you a head-start period to go in and play before the rest of the players (probably the only thing that might have tempted me, seriously).

I'm on the free-to-play plan , and I can tell you honestly that I have access to everything. *IF* I want to purchase zen (with real money) to spend on special stuff, that is obviously my choice, but it is *not* necessary to play the game and enjoy myself. And, unlike many of the recent f2p models, this one is not limited or restricted; you can join/make a guild, use the bank, chat functions, etc.
Okay. I wasn't suggesting that the Founder Pak would win the game for you by itself; Just that the game seems to be going toward a LOT of overpriced micro-transaction material.

Thanks for the info.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #17
Elif Godson
Dracolich

I finally got some spare time to check the game out. Nice to get play a "simple" game. Been playing on mindflayer, and have a toon on Dragon as well since my wife started playing on that server. Y'all still around?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Smiley Re: Neverwinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Foehammer View Post
Okay. I wasn't suggesting that the Founder Pak would win the game for you by itself; Just that the game seems to be going toward a LOT of overpriced micro-transaction material.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it worries me.. when I saw that $199 I nearly choked on some gummy bears I was eating! .. WOW...

I've just finished the first 'tutorial' dungeon and now on the fight the bad guys that are after lord neverwinter.. (I made a girl toon, because as you all know, you'll be given stuff for free for no 'apparent' reason.. hahahaha uh huh...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 AM   #19
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Ziroc taken down by gummy bears? I think not...

Hmmm I need to check this out, I tried DDO and kinda threw it out the window in frustration...there is still a long way for any MMO to reach WoW ( even though WoW has gone away from the good ol vanilla days ) I am hoping TES Online can do it...but it did not even occur to me that Neverwinter might be good.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
Sparhawk
Quintesson

91% downloaded....so far so good.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote