Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Has anyone ever tried to pick up/chat up your girlfriend/wife in public?
Yes 47 72.31%
No 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2003, 07:07 AM   #51
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
It's all part of the price ticket for having a desirable girl on your arm.
Too true. We would not have these problems if we didn't seek the girls guys actually *want*. Are we secure enough to handle it?? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]two great quotes there. If you find your partner attractive chances are someone else is going to find them attractive too. Try to avoid lapsing into the trap of being romantically possessive. She's 'my' girlfriend, he's 'my' husband etc. Truly loving someone (genuinely desiring their happiness and well-being above your own) and wanting to have absolute control and monopoly of their affection are two entirely different things.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:36 AM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
It's all part of the price ticket for having a desirable girl on your arm.
Too true. We would not have these problems if we didn't seek the girls guys actually *want*. Are we secure enough to handle it?? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]two great quotes there. If you find your partner attractive chances are someone else is going to find them attractive too. Try to avoid lapsing into the trap of being romantically possessive. She's 'my' girlfriend, he's 'my' husband etc. Truly loving someone (genuinely desiring their happiness and well-being above your own) and wanting to have absolute control and monopoly of their affection are two entirely different things. [/QUOTE]I think this comes down to trust, doesn't it. If you trust your girl, then you know you have nothing to worry about - no law against talking to other blokes.

But...I think the possessiveness trait has been in us since caveman days, when we would smack our girl on the top of the head and drag her away, and smack anyone who tried to take her from us. Society's moved on a bit since then, thank goodness.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:45 AM   #53
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
I think this comes down to trust, doesn't it. If you trust your girl, then you know you have nothing to worry about - no law against talking to other blokes.
But...I think the possessiveness trait has been in us since caveman days, when we would smack our girl on the top of the head and drag her away, and smack anyone who tried to take her from us. Society's moved on a bit since then, thank goodness.
Total agreement mate. As you've stated, you trust your gf, so no worries. It's good that you're jealous of other guys, that shows you care about your lady. Just don't let that natural jealousy turn into destructive paranoia (and I'm sure you won't anyway) and you'll be set. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-16-2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 07-16-2003, 08:49 AM   #54
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Great Poll Memnoch, a winner for sure!

I found one of the options to the question amusing... lol
"If so, how did it make you feel?"
Proud
"Thats my girl, picking up handsome young lads"
Anyhow.. thats just my little slice of humour for the night.

Its happened to me, but not on a huge scale as such.. just a friend getting a little too friendly. I didn't really know how to handle it, since I hadn't really felt the possessive/protective urge (otherwise known as Jealousy ) before.

[ 07-16-2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: sylent ]
Old 07-16-2003, 08:54 AM   #55
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
quote:
I think this comes down to trust, doesn't it. If you trust your girl, then you know you have nothing to worry about - no law against talking to other blokes.
Total agreement mate. As you've stated, you trust your gf, so no worries. It's good that you're jealous of other guys, that shows you care about your lady. Just don't let that natural jealousy turn into destructive paranoia (and I'm sure you won't anyway) and you'll be set. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Mate, I met Taryn in April 2000 and it's been happening since then, when she's been in Sydney - I've had plenty of time to get used to it. It was a LOT HARDER earlier on, when I didn't know her as well - it used to annoy the SHYTE out of me, more like a disrespect thing from these other blokes, you know? But then I got over it - blokes are blokes. Besides, she's a Gemini and we all know Geminis are incurable flirts.

I thought it was an interesting topic to get feedback on though - it's happened to me with other girls I've been out with, just never with as much frequency as with her. I went out with a Penthouse Pet once and she didn't get as much attention. And from the responses it's happened to practically everyone - and everyone pretty much has a similar response to me. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

[ 07-16-2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 07-17-2003, 06:50 AM   #56
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Memnoch, I have a friend who is probably the same as Taryn. But I think we were really hitting at each other in such a weird way... after all, she has only been like that to me (even if she is generally good)... bah I don't know. I just dropped the thing.. after all, I am so in love with what I have right now. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kara is the same girl I suppose... friendly, and will talk to everyone who talks to her... (a common trait among people I like I suppose). I just get irritated when her ex bugs her and such... after all, he's a jack ass so it pisses me off.

Was that TL, anyway, of course, we get pretty women, you get hound dogs too... in my opinion, enjoy the ride...

In the end it all boils down to trust. You guys are all right. [img]smile.gif[/img] I trust Kara in doing her thing and she trusts me (even if I am paranoid most of the time, I do not let it interfere, ever). And we're too much crazy in love to even look around... But I'd bet she has crushes, because I have too... and we don't keep it a secret... we just don't talk about it because we start to become jealous LOL!

To boost my ego... I'd like to think that I just lack body mass... and since I am so skinny now I even beat some of my girlfriends over here... I even have better legs... man... I need to go to the gym

Adding on homosexuals, eek! Homosexuals check me out... yikes...
Old 07-17-2003, 09:04 AM   #57
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Memnoch Have A talk with your girl friend, find out weather your the guy she wants or not and if she says she wants to keep you then tell her how it hurts you when she is off spending time with other men in your presents. If she says she isn't shure if she want you or not then dump the bitch. I went through over 150 different women befor I found the right one. At least 20 of them were at one time what I would call stone Fox's and I thought that I couldn't live without them. Then one day I met the right woman and she was and still is beautiful, the best part is she couldn't give a rats ass for any other man.
we have been together now for 26 years and married for 23 & 1/2 years. SO don't stay with the butterfly that has to jump from flower to flower and not care how it hurts you. Life is to short to play games.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:23 AM   #58
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Crimsom, I don't think Memnoch's girlfriend is interested in a relationship with the guys who hit on her, after all she's been traveling and living abroad for a few yrs now but comes back to see HIM not the guys in the bars. [img]smile.gif[/img] She's friendly and beautiful so lots of guys hit on her and Mems was just wondering how other people deal with that sort of thing, because it can get annoying from time to time. Not that his girl was interested in leaving him! I'm quite sure he'd know if that was the case- he's a pretty good communicator and what I know of Taryn, so is she. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS: Wow, congrats on your long years of marriage! That's practically a record these days. It's very heartening to hear of happily married people who get to anniversary's in the 20+ zone!

[ 07-17-2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 07-17-2003, 10:45 AM   #59
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Memnoch Have A talk with your girl friend, find out weather your the guy she wants or not and if she says she wants to keep you then tell her how it hurts you when she is off spending time with other men in your presents. If she says she isn't shure if she want you or not then dump the bitch. I went through over 150 different women befor I found the right one. At least 20 of them were at one time what I would call stone Fox's and I thought that I couldn't live without them. Then one day I met the right woman and she was and still is beautiful, the best part is she couldn't give a rats ass for any other man.
we have been together now for 26 years and married for 23 & 1/2 years. SO don't stay with the butterfly that has to jump from flower to flower and not care how it hurts you. Life is to short to play games.
Amen to that. That to me is the REAL DEAL. Don't screw around with relationships. If it hurts now to see her flirt then it will hurt even more when you are married and she still flirts.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:57 AM   #60
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
quote:
Total agreement mate. As you've stated, you trust your gf, so no worries. It's good that you're jealous of other guys, that shows you care about your lady. Just don't let that natural jealousy turn into destructive paranoia (and I'm sure you won't anyway) and you'll be set. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Yup, my feelings exactly. This is especially important if your gf is a massage therapist, like mine is. Since she chats up naked people on her table all day long while massaging them [img]tongue.gif[/img]