Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 12:24 AM   #121
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
Yeah Paris, magic the gathering , a truly addictive TCG (trading card game). its cool though it makes you spend more and more money on cards, and you cant get out of it . i only wish people didnt see it as a game for kids or for "morons" , there is people of all types playing it...

BTW, Javi, when I meant something "consuming your life", I was referring to the dissertation! ROFL! I prefer my addictions to be more enjoyable, like...well, like gaming!

Hm, I've never seen it as a game for kids or morons. I did gather, though, that it was very entailed and you had to commit a lot to it to get into it. I know they still have MtG tourneys around Denton a bit (big college town here).

------------------
Old 09-19-2001, 05:07 AM   #122
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Well I like IW - as I mentioned elsewhere this is the first & so far only forum/board/whatever where I've posted anything...been here a couple weeks and I'll be damned - people were cool to me, replying to my newbie questions, even a couple of compliments to some things I posted - maybe not the biggest thrill for some, but it means something to a somewhat bitter non-social weirdoid like myself who's used to putting up with a lot of BS in R.L., as do all of us I suppose [btw don't know if there's any correlation between escapism & RPG's ] *PLUS* I get to use all these smilies

So cheers to IW

(& cheers to BG2:SoA for steering me here, for getting me actually interested in the AD&D *thing*, for providing a nice vacation from Q3 & UT deathmatching, for causing a ganglion cyst from so much stabbing @ the keyboard, & for totally ruining my sleep/wake cycle for the last 6 months )
Old 09-19-2001, 05:18 AM   #123
Link
Jack Burton

I simply LOVE Ironworks!! I've been here since may 2001, have posted a lot of things, have been helped numerous times.. i just love u guys!! *sniff* I want to add that Internet is not working very well here, so if you miss me; I'm ok !!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe