Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 04:49 AM   #1
chutamango
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok...so someone told me that I can leave Yoahimo in brynnlaw (pirate town...sp?) and then pick him up after spellhold so i can keep him in the party. (the whole leave him by the door trick so when you enter talk to him and have him as part of your party and he wont die permantly from the geas). Now my questin is....if you leave him there...when do you have a chance to grab him after spellhold? Not sure if I remember correctly, but when you defeat irenicus (partially) you escape spellhold and go directly to the underdark....you cant go back to the pirate town...or can you? I just wanna know if there is a way i can keep yoshimo and take him with me to the underdark. Thanks....

chuta
Old 06-18-2001, 04:55 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well, first of all, it is NOT possible to use that cheat if you leave Yoshimo in Brynnlaw. You HAVE TO leave him in Athkatla for the cheat to work.
And I think you've missed a good part of the game last time you played through...
slight spoiler
'
'
'
'
'
'
I think last time you played through, you refused Saemon Havarian's help right? In other words, you left the Asylum through the portal. Here's what you should do: when Havarian offers to take you out by ship, DO IT! You will get the opportunity to play through an entire new area, namely
SPOILER
'
'
'
'
'
'
the City of the Sahuagin, or fishpeople. After that you will proceed with the Underdark, just as when you went through Jon's Portal
Oh, and whichever option you choose (portal or boat), if you need to go to Brynnlaw to stock up on items or sell some stuff, you can do so of course.

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-18-2001, 05:00 AM   #3
TeKNiKaLL
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi melusine, or should i say : hoi, een medenederlander!

(just good to see there are other people here from the netherlands )

------------------
Real power, its never having to say you're sorry.
Old 06-18-2001, 05:11 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by TeKNiKaLL:
hi melusine, or should i say : hoi, een medenederlander!

(just good to see there are other people here from the netherlands )

Hello! Leuk, nog een Nederlander!
We have quite a few Dutchies here lately, there's me, Rikard, Link, Legolas, Dreamer128, MilamberfromElysium, Irongrinder and a couple more.... so you'll feel at home in no time
But let's not keep this thread offtopic... for general chats we have the General Discussions forum...why don't you come over and introduce yourself?

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-18-2001, 04:10 PM   #5
chutamango
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok..so....you CANT leave yoshi in brynnlaw and then get him? Why not? Will he not be there? The only reason i thought you couldnt was because i didnt think there was a way back to brynnlaw after spellhold. Apparently you can go back. Has anyone tried leaving him in brynnlaw and then picking him up? (as you can see....I'd really like to keep yoshi). Thanks for the patience

chuta
Old 06-18-2001, 04:24 PM   #6
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

SPOILER

if you take Yoshimo to Brynlaw this instigates Irenicus to tell you of his treachery within the plot and you will then have to fight and kill Yoshimo within Spellhold, therefore he will not be where you left him before entering.

if you leave Yoshimo behind when you sail to Brynlaw then Irenicus WILL NOT mention Yoshimo or his treachery within the text and you will not have to fight and kill him. Yoshimo will still be at the C.Coronet when you return but will die upon you entering the building. Put on boots of speed run in and invite him to join you, he will join and then die. Because he is now in your party you can then resurrect him and carry on as if he never died. You will miss out on some XP for his heart etc. The Yoshimo thing is just a subplot, if you never had Yoshimo in your party in the first place you would never know about his treachery, nor taking his heart to the temple. This is maybe why there is such a shortage of decent thieves in the game, to try to cajole you into using Yoshimo. imho he's the best thief in the game and if you wish to forego his small subplot and the xxxxxxx XP for his heart (which I guess you could Shadow in if you wanted) then you will have a fantastic thief later on.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-18-2001, 05:29 PM   #7
chutamango
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok...oh well..looks like no yoshi for the underdark. All that time i spent makig him grand. Now that freaking jan is the only option (for a thief that is..).

thanks for all the help!

chuta
Old 06-18-2001, 05:38 PM   #8
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Don't forget
SPOILER
that you will probably be leaving somebody behind in Spellhold for good. (I left Jan) so you may want to consider finishing any outstanding quests for any char's you may leave behind.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.