Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-27-2001, 10:48 PM   #1
chris-the-elder
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok... I really botched this one...

I was supposed to go with Solaufein and rescue Phaere. I must have had a sudden lapse of my attention span or I just clicked that 'continue' button too much during some dialog. Anyway, I barged into the Mind Flayer lair and cleaned the place out. Whoops. Talk about a pain-in-the-ass, btw. After much confusion about what to do next, I consulted my strategy guide (I shamefully admit), and whoa, I never rescued whats-her-name.

Long story short. I have no idea where Phaere is. Solaufein won't talk to me. The Dragon wants her damn eggs and the Matron Mother is holed up in her suite with some pool boy.

I have played to this point without using any cheats, but at this point I'm ready to move on.

1. Is there a legit way out of this mess?
2. If I use a cheat code to reach the surface will the game lose is continuity?
3. Will Jerry get voted out next?

Thanks for any assistance...
Old 03-27-2001, 11:18 PM   #2
Nostron
Manshoon

Solaufein is suppose to be next to the mind flayers entrance and u should have talked to him before you went to in the mind flayers lair. try checking ur journal to see if u did get the quest.

other than that i don't know what went wrong.
and ohhh yah did u download the patch.
if not then maybe u should.

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-28-2001, 12:24 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER AHEAD:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Well.....you can always sack the whole drow city to keep the quest continue (yes, you can still get those eggs)...

When did you talk to Solaufein? You are not suppose to rescue her by clearing the whole mindflayer section of Underdark, since this quest takes TOO long to complete. I'm suprise the city hasn't gone hostile on you yet if you took too long and failed to rescue her.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!