Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-05-2000, 01:39 AM   #1
Jason
Elite Waterdeep Guard

help me, i've dealt with this problem with my bg2 ever since it came out. I have an AMD k6-2 500 mhz, a 20 gig and a 2 gig hd, a voodoo 3 3000 card. When I play bg2 with 3d accelleration enabled the gamma goes all the way up and the game slows down to a crawl. Terrible crawl, But it works great on non 3d accelerated 32 bit. I have win ME and I have all the latest drivers for my voodoo and ide drivers and my agp drivers. HElp! mE! i'm scared that this would carry on with neverwinter ( which i doubt it ) oh yah i got the latest direct X too. oh yah and i have an ALI socket 7 mobo. HELP !
Old 12-05-2000, 02:30 AM   #2
bocajab

yah that happend to me also and I still havent found out what is wrong.
It is still ok with out the 3d. play it any way.

Old 12-05-2000, 03:06 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi!
Heard there is a voodo patch for BG2, don´t know this for sure but check out Interplays updates or at black isle or some of the great BG2 websites out there.
But BG2 does take some toll on your computer..
Old 12-05-2000, 08:00 PM   #4
Jason
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anybody else having teh same problem?, my friend has a a tnt 8 meg..and he just downloaded open GL and that fixed it right away
Old 12-05-2000, 08:14 PM   #5
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

had the problem here and suspect it may be related to WinME. The hubby claims BG2 was prob'ly set up using 98 so there are some bugs...
Old 12-05-2000, 08:19 PM   #6
Jason
Elite Waterdeep Guard

my friend got win 98.
Old 12-05-2000, 08:35 PM   #7
Conan

It could be a problem with windows me but you should get the newest open gl drivers you can get. The problem sounds like a driver issue to me.

Old 12-05-2000, 09:33 PM   #8
Jason
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yah i'm getting tired of playing wiht out transparency effects, i'm fixing to go to a friends and bring a back pack cdrw who got cable and download that 77 meg thing and burn it into a cd.
Old 12-05-2000, 11:31 PM   #9
Manifest

dont use acceleration. I have a 700mhz p3 overclocked to 900, 384mb ram, intel 810 chipset board, pci voodoo 4, and a raid array with 2 7200rpm 20 gig drives. my system flies in ANY game cranked all the way up, EXCEPT baldurs gate 2. chalk it up to buggy software. I know everyone blames the software for everything when it is fact their bad hardware config, but mine rocks, theres not much it cant play. so turn the accel off. its hardly even noticable.